xml-light.cma not found

Tom Apker

Good day,

   I have just about everything ready to go on Ubuntu, but when I try to run "make demo" it halts with an error message that appears to be caused by the following:
 LD simstl
 xml-light.cma not found

(not the exact text, as the laptop i'm using is currently on another job)

but "% locate xml-light" returns
"/usr/local/xmi-light-install-dir/xml-light.cma"

   I haven't seen anything in the Paparazzi source tree that explicity points to a location for xml-light.cma, and when i tried to install the packages I got a couple error messages about the xml-light set.  One user on the forums reported success setting up the source code in a chroot environement and installing an older version of xml-light, among other things, but before I did that I thought I would ask if it was possible to explicitly change where the software looked for that file.

Cheers,

tom

Re: xml-light.cma not found

Pascal Brisset-3
Tom Apker wrote:
>  LD simstl
>  xml-light.cma not found

 The xml-light.cma library is provided by the xml-light-ocaml Debian
package
(http://www.recherche.enac.fr/paparazzi/debian/dists/etch/main/binary-i386/)

> (not the exact text, as the laptop i'm using is currently on another job)
>
> but "% locate xml-light" returns
> "/usr/local/xmi-light-install-dir/xml-light.cma"
 I don't know where this is coming from. I know that the "official"
xml-light Debian package (libxml-light-ocaml-dev) is wrong ...
 You can try to use this installed library by adding

    -I /usr/local/xmi-light-install-dir

at the right place :-) : in the CAMLINCLUDES, in conf/Makefile.sim for
the above error (but you will get a lot more if this library is not at
the right place)

 Good luck

--Pascal

PS: It is _so_ simple with a Debian distribution :-)