test new fpv telemetry kit

evan
Hi;
does anybody try this kit with paparazzi lisa/m or navogo?
thanks

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

Tilman Baumann-3
On 30/01/13 17:10, evan igor wrote:
> Hi;
> does anybody try this kit with paparazzi lisa/m or navogo?
> thanks

What are you talking about?

sorry i forgot to upload the link :)  http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22315__FPV_Radio_Telemetry_Kit_915Mhz.html

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Tilman Baumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 30/01/13 17:10, evan igor wrote:
> Hi;
> does anybody try this kit with paparazzi lisa/m or navogo?
> thanks

What are you talking about?

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

evan
Hi;
another question please did anybody try to use skylab gps instead of ublox Lea and what was the efficiency?
thanks

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM, evan igor <[hidden email]> wrote:
sorry i forgot to upload the link :)  http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22315__FPV_Radio_Telemetry_Kit_915Mhz.html

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Tilman Baumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 30/01/13 17:10, evan igor wrote:
> Hi;
> does anybody try this kit with paparazzi lisa/m or navogo?
> thanks

What are you talking about?

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

evan
Hi;

no one test it before this fpv with paparazzi before.

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

Aka-7
Hi Evan,

your link shows a wireless serial link system (I think it´s a clone of the DIY/3DR system). It should work with paparazzi in transparent mode (Xbee API will most likely not work, so no multi-UAV...)

You also raised a question about GPS receivers.

UBlox works very well and has a good binary output. There is some notes about why in the wiki. So probably no comparison.

Cheers

Marc

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:51:00 +0200
> Von: evan igor <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit

> Hi;
>
> no one test it before this fpv with paparazzi before.
>
> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22315__FPV_Radio_Telemetry_Kit_915Mhz.html

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

evan
Hi;
first , thanks for your answer
secondly, i was confused about choose between NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL or skylab because they are available in my place so if anybody test them with paprazzi and if there a config. for them with it.
thirdly, this is question about the difference between 6 DOF and 10DOF IMU is there big difference in guidance between them?

thanks

NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL

NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Evan,

your link shows a wireless serial link system (I think it´s a clone of the DIY/3DR system). It should work with paparazzi in transparent mode (Xbee API will most likely not work, so no multi-UAV...)

You also raised a question about GPS receivers.

UBlox works very well and has a good binary output. There is some notes about why in the wiki. So probably no comparison.

Cheers

Marc

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:51:00 +0200
> Von: evan igor <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit

> Hi;
>
> no one test it before this fpv with paparazzi before.
>
> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22315__FPV_Radio_Telemetry_Kit_915Mhz.html

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

GalapagosUAV

We have been trying to connect a similar system to transmit telemetry through one of the serial ports of the Yapa2 with no luck. The telemetry data sent from the Yapa2 to the ground station seems to be encrypted somehow and we cannot access it, is this correct? On which of the serial ports should we connect the system to transmit telemetry through it?

Regards,
Jorge

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Evan,

your link shows a wireless serial link system (I think it´s a clone of the DIY/3DR system). It should work with paparazzi in transparent mode (Xbee API will most likely not work, so no multi-UAV...)

You also raised a question about GPS receivers.

UBlox works very well and has a good binary output. There is some notes about why in the wiki. So probably no comparison.

Cheers

Marc

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:51:00 +0200
> Von: evan igor <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit

> Hi;
>
> no one test it before this fpv with paparazzi before.
>
> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22315__FPV_Radio_Telemetry_Kit_915Mhz.html

Jorge Pantoja
Program Manager/Liaison
Phone: +593-989458127

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

Christophe De Wagter

You can use both uarts to send telemetry. Just change the MODEM_PORT and GPS_PORT defines in your airframe file.

However note that yapa has 2 connectors on each serial port.
-Xbee header and in between a pin header, both 3.3volt TTL are port 1
-GPS header (3.3volt TTL) and Rs232 (+9v -9volt Rs232) are port 0. Special attention when using GPS header: remove resistor R? or make sure it is at least 1kOhm not to have conflicting 2 line drivers (namely the rs232 chip and your external device) on the uart0-rx.

Make sure you understand what this means before you proceed.

If you connect both GPS and RS232 you add the bits of both together which looks like... nothing readable in any case.

On Jan 31, 2013 6:22 PM, "Jorge Pantoja" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We have been trying to connect a similar system to transmit telemetry through one of the serial ports of the Yapa2 with no luck. The telemetry data sent from the Yapa2 to the ground station seems to be encrypted somehow and we cannot access it, is this correct? On which of the serial ports should we connect the system to transmit telemetry through it?

Regards,
Jorge

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Evan,

your link shows a wireless serial link system (I think it´s a clone of the DIY/3DR system). It should work with paparazzi in transparent mode (Xbee API will most likely not work, so no multi-UAV...)

You also raised a question about GPS receivers.

UBlox works very well and has a good binary output. There is some notes about why in the wiki. So probably no comparison.

Cheers

Marc

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:51:00 +0200
> Von: evan igor <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit

> Hi;
>
> no one test it before this fpv with paparazzi before.
>
> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22315__FPV_Radio_Telemetry_Kit_915Mhz.html

Jorge Pantoja
Program Manager/Liaison
Phone: <a href="tel:%2B593-989458127" value="+593989458127" target="_blank">+593-989458127

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

Stephen Dwyer

A 6DOM (degree of measurement) IMU typically has a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis magnetometer (could be different, but this is typical), making up 6 individual axes/measurements. A 10DOM (i.e. like the Aspirin 10DOM version) also has a 3-axis magnetometer and 1 pressure sensor/barometer.

For fixed wing, you typically need just the 6DOM for basic control, for rotorcraft you need the full 10DOM. Having the full 10DOM can provide benefits for fixed wing as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM, evan igor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi;
first , thanks for your answer
secondly, i was confused about choose between NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL or skylab because they are available in my place so if anybody test them with paprazzi and if there a config. for them with it.
thirdly, this is question about the difference between 6 DOF and 10DOF IMU is there big difference in guidance between them?

thanks

NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL

NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Evan,

your link shows a wireless serial link system (I think it´s a clone of the DIY/3DR system). It should work with paparazzi in transparent mode (Xbee API will most likely not work, so no multi-UAV...)

You also raised a question about GPS receivers.

UBlox works very well and has a good binary output. There is some notes about why in the wiki. So probably no comparison.

Cheers

Marc

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:51:00 +0200
> Von: evan igor <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit

> Hi;
>
> no one test it before this fpv with paparazzi before.
>
> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22315__FPV_Radio_Telemetry_Kit_915Mhz.html

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

evan
Thanks stephen for your information it's really important to me to know.
and for you chritopher and i'd like to ask about suitable telemtry for liza/m with range upto 5 km.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Stephen Dwyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

A 6DOM (degree of measurement) IMU typically has a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis magnetometer (could be different, but this is typical), making up 6 individual axes/measurements. A 10DOM (i.e. like the Aspirin 10DOM version) also has a 3-axis magnetometer and 1 pressure sensor/barometer.

For fixed wing, you typically need just the 6DOM for basic control, for rotorcraft you need the full 10DOM. Having the full 10DOM can provide benefits for fixed wing as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM, evan igor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi;
first , thanks for your answer
secondly, i was confused about choose between NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL or skylab because they are available in my place so if anybody test them with paprazzi and if there a config. for them with it.
thirdly, this is question about the difference between 6 DOF and 10DOF IMU is there big difference in guidance between them?

thanks

NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL

NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Evan,

your link shows a wireless serial link system (I think it´s a clone of the DIY/3DR system). It should work with paparazzi in transparent mode (Xbee API will most likely not work, so no multi-UAV...)

You also raised a question about GPS receivers.

UBlox works very well and has a good binary output. There is some notes about why in the wiki. So probably no comparison.

Cheers

Marc

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:51:00 +0200
> Von: evan igor <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit

> Hi;
>
> no one test it before this fpv with paparazzi before.
>
> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22315__FPV_Radio_Telemetry_Kit_915Mhz.html

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

Chris Wozny
I think Stephen may have mistyped since most 6 DoM IMUs have 3-axis gyroscopes and accelerometers and 9 DoM have gyroscopes, accelerometers, magnetometers (adding a barometer makes it 10 DoM).

- Chris

On Feb 3, 2013, at 4:49 PM, evan igor <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks stephen for your information it's really important to me to know.
and for you chritopher and i'd like to ask about suitable telemtry for liza/m with range upto 5 km.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Stephen Dwyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

A 6DOM (degree of measurement) IMU typically has a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis magnetometer (could be different, but this is typical), making up 6 individual axes/measurements. A 10DOM (i.e. like the Aspirin 10DOM version) also has a 3-axis magnetometer and 1 pressure sensor/barometer.

For fixed wing, you typically need just the 6DOM for basic control, for rotorcraft you need the full 10DOM. Having the full 10DOM can provide benefits for fixed wing as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM, evan igor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi;
first , thanks for your answer
secondly, i was confused about choose between NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL or skylab because they are available in my place so if anybody test them with paprazzi and if there a config. for them with it.
thirdly, this is question about the difference between 6 DOF and 10DOF IMU is there big difference in guidance between them?

thanks

NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL

NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Evan,

your link shows a wireless serial link system (I think it´s a clone of the DIY/3DR system). It should work with paparazzi in transparent mode (Xbee API will most likely not work, so no multi-UAV...)

You also raised a question about GPS receivers.

UBlox works very well and has a good binary output. There is some notes about why in the wiki. So probably no comparison.

Cheers

Marc

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:51:00 +0200
> Von: evan igor <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit

> Hi;
>
> no one test it before this fpv with paparazzi before.
>
> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22315__FPV_Radio_Telemetry_Kit_915Mhz.html

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

Stephen Dwyer
Oops, sorry. Yes, 6DOM has gyros and accelerometers, 9/10DOM adds magnetometer/baro.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Stephen Dwyer

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Chris Wozny <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think Stephen may have mistyped since most 6 DoM IMUs have 3-axis gyroscopes and accelerometers and 9 DoM have gyroscopes, accelerometers, magnetometers (adding a barometer makes it 10 DoM).

- Chris

On Feb 3, 2013, at 4:49 PM, evan igor <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks stephen for your information it's really important to me to know.
and for you chritopher and i'd like to ask about suitable telemtry for liza/m with range upto 5 km.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Stephen Dwyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

A 6DOM (degree of measurement) IMU typically has a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis magnetometer (could be different, but this is typical), making up 6 individual axes/measurements. A 10DOM (i.e. like the Aspirin 10DOM version) also has a 3-axis magnetometer and 1 pressure sensor/barometer.

For fixed wing, you typically need just the 6DOM for basic control, for rotorcraft you need the full 10DOM. Having the full 10DOM can provide benefits for fixed wing as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM, evan igor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi;
first , thanks for your answer
secondly, i was confused about choose between NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL or skylab because they are available in my place so if anybody test them with paprazzi and if there a config. for them with it.
thirdly, this is question about the difference between 6 DOF and 10DOF IMU is there big difference in guidance between them?

thanks

NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL

NAVILOCK NL-507ETTL

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Evan,

your link shows a wireless serial link system (I think it´s a clone of the DIY/3DR system). It should work with paparazzi in transparent mode (Xbee API will most likely not work, so no multi-UAV...)

You also raised a question about GPS receivers.

UBlox works very well and has a good binary output. There is some notes about why in the wiki. So probably no comparison.

Cheers

Marc

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:51:00 +0200
> Von: evan igor <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit

> Hi;
>
> no one test it before this fpv with paparazzi before.
>
> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22315__FPV_Radio_Telemetry_Kit_915Mhz.html

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

Chris Gough-2
Hi Evan,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM, evan igor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks stephen for your information it's really important to me to know.
> and for you chritopher and i'd like to ask about suitable telemtry for
> liza/m with range upto 5 km.

Have you seen this page?

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Modems

I just added info for the RFD900 modem we use, but basically choice of
radio depends on where you want to use it (spectrum licencing etc).

Chris Gough

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

agressiva
Hello christopher, i get more than 18km using RFD900  radio modem and dipoles antenna.
I set this radio to 70/30 duty cicle and it work very well.

I use rctimer 900 and 433 modules too and it work very well.

I tell this only to confirm your words...

> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 12:02:07 +1100

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit
>
> Hi Evan,
>
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM, evan igor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thanks stephen for your information it's really important to me to know.
> > and for you chritopher and i'd like to ask about suitable telemtry for
> > liza/m with range upto 5 km.
>
> Have you seen this page?
>
> http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Modems
>
> I just added info for the RFD900 modem we use, but basically choice of
> radio depends on where you want to use it (spectrum licencing etc).
>
> Chris Gough

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

Christophe De Wagter
We have tested the latest low-power xbee 868MHz frequency hopping up to 5km. (not the 350mW single frequency that goes beyond 40km).

Please note that modems are in principle board independent. Just when using higher power versions you can not power them from the autopilot anymore, and some boards like yapa are specially designed to fit xbee-footprint like modems. (note that there exist many many modules that share the xbee footprint: gps-bee, bluetooth-bee, xbee, laird, ...)

-Christophe

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello christopher, i get more than 18km using RFD900  radio modem and dipoles antenna.
I set this radio to 70/30 duty cicle and it work very well.

I use rctimer 900 and 433 modules too and it work very well.

I tell this only to confirm your words...

> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 12:02:07 +1100
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit

> Hi Evan,
>
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM, evan igor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thanks stephen for your information it's really important to me to know.
> > and for you chritopher and i'd like to ask about suitable telemtry for
> > liza/m with range upto 5 km.
>
> Have you seen this page?
>
> http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Modems
>
> I just added info for the RFD900 modem we use, but basically choice of
> radio depends on where you want to use it (spectrum licencing etc).
>
> Chris Gough

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

evan
hi all;

can anyone recommend telemetry kit for range upto 5 km.

thanks

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Christophe De Wagter <[hidden email]> wrote:
We have tested the latest low-power xbee 868MHz frequency hopping up to 5km. (not the 350mW single frequency that goes beyond 40km).

Please note that modems are in principle board independent. Just when using higher power versions you can not power them from the autopilot anymore, and some boards like yapa are specially designed to fit xbee-footprint like modems. (note that there exist many many modules that share the xbee footprint: gps-bee, bluetooth-bee, xbee, laird, ...)

-Christophe

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello christopher, i get more than 18km using RFD900  radio modem and dipoles antenna.
I set this radio to 70/30 duty cicle and it work very well.

I use rctimer 900 and 433 modules too and it work very well.

I tell this only to confirm your words...

> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 12:02:07 +1100
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit

> Hi Evan,
>
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM, evan igor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thanks stephen for your information it's really important to me to know.
> > and for you chritopher and i'd like to ask about suitable telemtry for
> > liza/m with range upto 5 km.
>
> Have you seen this page?
>
> http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Modems
>
> I just added info for the RFD900 modem we use, but basically choice of
> radio depends on where you want to use it (spectrum licencing etc).
>
> Chris Gough

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

Chris Gough-2
Hi Even,

> can anyone recommend telemetry kit for range upto 5 km.

Where in the world? Do you know what part of the spectrum you are
allowed to use?

Chris Gough

.

Re: test new fpv telemetry kit

evan
hi;

i'm not restricted with certain range of freq. and i can buy from any part in the world just recommend certain type tested.

thanks for all reply