telemetry over wifi?

Chris Efstathiou
Hi.

Is it possible to use a wifi connection in order to get the telemetry
instead of a modem?

I am planning to use an ESP8266 from my rc transmitter in order to
transfer the telemetry from the tx module serial port to my laptop, the
full path is airplane-> rc receiver-> tx module inside the rc
transmitter and then to an ESP8266 and finally to my laptop.

So far the link works very well but i have to connect my tx module's
(fitted to the rc transmitter) serial port  to my laptop using a FTDI
cable which i want to replace with a esp8266.

Chris

Re: telemetry over wifi?

Gautier Hattenberger-3
Hi,

Yes, it is possible, we are doing that with the Parrot drones for instance.

You should be able to activate that with the '-udp' option of the link
agent. See
https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/master/conf/control_panel_example.xml#L21

Gautier