stm32f4 discovery breakout board

12

stm32f4 discovery breakout board

Chris Efstathiou
I think it is ready.
Anyone has a cheap pcb house that takes eagles files (for a couple
prototypes) to recommend?
Chris

discovery2paparazzi_breakout.png (75K) Download Attachment

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

Martin Mueller
On 03/06/2014 06:38 PM, Chris wrote:
> I think it is ready.
> Anyone has a cheap pcb house that takes eagles files (for a couple
> prototypes) to recommend?

we use and are happy with http://www.pcb-pool.com

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

Ben Scammell
Speak to Trevor at [hidden email].

Can take Eagle .brd files.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 6 Mar 2014, at 17:38, "Chris" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think it is ready.
> Anyone has a cheap pcb house that takes eagles files (for a couple prototypes) to recommend?
> Chris
>
> <discovery2paparazzi_breakout.png>

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

neofrommatrixold
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

Chris Efstathiou
I will try it, THANK YOU!!!

On 03/06/2014 07:46 PM, Ben Scammell wrote:

> Speak to Trevor at [hidden email].
>
> Can take Eagle .brd files.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 6 Mar 2014, at 17:38, "Chris" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I think it is ready.
>> Anyone has a cheap pcb house that takes eagles files (for a couple prototypes) to recommend?
>> Chris
>>
>> <discovery2paparazzi_breakout.png>
> .

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

Chris Efstathiou
Thank you very much!
Chris

On 03/06/2014 07:48 PM, Marius Pfeffer wrote:

I have ordered at seeedstudio recently.
Low cost and nice quality.
They only take gerber files, they provide a script for exporting them.

best regards
Marius

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

Chris Efstathiou
Of course it is open source.
I made it for me so i used whatever i could find locally and above all i wouldn't fit everything on board.
For example i used the good old 22uf capacitors instead of smd because this is what i have.
Chris

On 03/06/2014 10:11 PM, Marius Pfeffer wrote:
Itead will give you 2 free pcb's extra if it's open source.

Hello

Can you send us the eagle files or upload them to the paparazzi hardware git repo ?

Maybe some people could check them, or search for improvement opportunities before they are oderes.
(servo pinout with 3 pins and seperate (screw) terminal for power supply, tactile smd push button instead of jumper for BOOT, smd crystal, no screw terminal under the dicovery pcb, right of the pcb could end flush with discovery board, mounting holes, BEC input caps, possibility of mounting a chinese mpu6050 breakout ebay link direct - on the pcb (no 10dof since the mag will not work well in this position), looks like max7450 is getting discontinued by the manufacturer, i2c pullups)

Prices for PCB's:
The PCB is 9,8 cm x 6,8cm, 2 layer, am I right ?

seeedstudio
10 pcs 25$ + shipping (very good pcb, silkscreen doesn't looks that nice(fine lines and letters))

smart prototyping
10 pcs 18,80$ + shipping

itead studio
10 pcs 19,90$

If possible, it would be great if we could croudsource the pcb and components, I would take 2 pcbs (+ components).

best regards
Marius :)

Thank you very much!
Chris

On 03/06/2014 07:48 PM, Marius Pfeffer wrote:

I have ordered at seeedstudio recently.
Low cost and nice quality.
They only take gerber files, they provide a script for exporting them.

best regards
Marius

Am 06.03.2014 18:38 schrieb "Chris" <[hidden email]>:
I think it is ready.
Anyone has a cheap pcb house that takes eagles files (for a couple prototypes) to recommend?
Chris

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

onefastdaddy
Eurocircuits.com
Upload eagle easily.
Best FAB service ever.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 6, 2014, at 9:38 AM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think it is ready.
> Anyone has a cheap pcb house that takes eagles files (for a couple prototypes) to recommend?
> Chris
>
> <discovery2paparazzi_breakout.png>

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

evan
i'll take one also.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 2:30 AM, Personal <[hidden email]> wrote:
Eurocircuits.com
Upload eagle easily.
Best FAB service ever.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 6, 2014, at 9:38 AM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think it is ready.
> Anyone has a cheap pcb house that takes eagles files (for a couple prototypes) to recommend?
> Chris
>
> <discovery2paparazzi_breakout.png>

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

Chris Efstathiou
I have sent the eagle files to Marius (Pheffer) as he can make it better equipped for the paparazzi
if i understood him well.
I designed the board with me as a user only in mind so the layout might not be optimal.
Chris

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

Karoly Molnar-3
Marius can you upload the schematic and layout in pdf so people not having Eagle (?) can also provide feedback? Or just send it by mail.

Regards
Karoly

On 17 Mar 2014, at 20:22, "Marius Pfeffer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello all :)

I think i have finished my breakout board.
Can some people check my design ? (It would be nice if at least two could check my design)
https://github.com/NeoFromMatrix/stm32f4discovery_daughterboard

My ideas for this design:

* Minimum site (currently 100x70mm)
* servo can be supplied with seperate power
* pinout for each connection

Problems that maybe occur:
* interference between pwm and adc
* interference between pwm and pusbutton
* spi select slave maybe not on the apropriate spi channel
* right caps used ??? (low esr), how much µF shoud i use  ???

Currently it doesn't fit completely under the discovery board, hold your discovery board on the screen to see what i mean.

I can order a batch at seeedstudio(costs 3€+shipping for one pcb), but this will be organized later !!!, currently I'm only searching for improvement capabilities.
Maybe i can also order some components at mouser and sell a complete diy solder or already soldered kit for prime cost + donation ;)

Best regards
Marius

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

Karoly Molnar-3
Hi

Nice work! I have two quick comments:

You have messed up the adc resistor dividers. Port and adc(x) are swapped. I would also add some sort of overvoltage protection to the connectors. That could be a simple level translator discrete logic IC or transient suppressor diodes.

Regards
Karoly

Sent from my iPad

> On 17 Mar 2014, at 20:38, "Marius Pfeffer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> Yes i can upload it , but i don't think that will be fun for checking the
> design.
> Maybe you can install the eagle lite version ? (i have created the board
> with this version)
> Eagle can be very helpful for this...
>
> If you have any questions or ideas, just write here, I'll try my best :)
>
> Best regards
> Marius

>> Marius can you upload the schematic and layout in pdf so people not having
>> Eagle (?) can also provide feedback? Or just send it by mail.
>>
>> Regards
>> Karoly
>>

>> On 17 Mar 2014, at 20:22, "Marius Pfeffer" <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all :)
>>
>> I think i have finished my breakout board.
>> Can some people check my design ? (It would be nice if at least two could
>> check my design)
>> https://github.com/NeoFromMatrix/stm32f4discovery_daughterboard
>>
>> My ideas for this design:
>>
>> * Minimum site (currently 100x70mm)
>> * servo can be supplied with seperate power
>> * pinout for each connection
>>

>> Problems that maybe occur:
>> * interference between pwm and adc
>> * interference between pwm and pusbutton
>> * spi select slave maybe not on the apropriate spi channel
>> * right caps used ??? (low esr), how much µF shoud i use  ???
>>
>> Currently it doesn't fit completely under the discovery board, hold your
>> discovery board on the screen to see what i mean.
>>

>> I can order a batch at seeedstudio(costs 3 EURO+shipping for one pcb), but
>> this will be organized later !!!, currently I'm only searching for
>> improvement capabilities.
>> Maybe i can also order some components at mouser and sell a complete diy
>> solder or already soldered kit for prime cost + donation ;)
>>
>> Best regards
>> Marius

>>> I have sent the eagle files to Marius (Pheffer) as he can make it better
>>> equipped for the paparazzi
>>> if i understood him well.
>>> I designed the board with me as a user only in mind so the layout might
>>> not be optimal.
>>> Chris
>>>

>>> On 03/07/2014 06:51 PM, evan igor wrote:
>>>
>>> i'll take one also.

> <stm32f4discovery-daugherboard-v1-bottom.pdf>
> <stm32f4discovery-daugherboard-v1-pcb.pdf>
> <stm32f4discovery-daugherboard-v1-sch.pdf>
> <stm32f4discovery-daugherboard-v1-top.pdf>
> <ATT00001>

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

Iman
Hello

Is there any update? I want to test it on my quadrotor ASAP:)

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: stm32f4 discovery breakout board

Mattmax
Has someone an eagle - file of this daughterboard, because the version or file under https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi-hardware/tree/master/controller/stm32f4discovery_daughterboard/V1.0%20THT isn't working with my eagle - program. Thanks :-)
12