This is an important step towards merging subsystems and modules,
allowing in particular to use the convenient xml description of
modules with its embedded documentation and settings.
So if you want to start converting your airframes (it should be the
standard at some point anyway), here are some key points:
- modules can be loaded from firmware section like subsystems.
- last point includes filtering on target.
- subsystems can be renamed to modules (even if conversion is not
- completely backward compatible (for now).
- if you ask for a subsystem, the result is the same as before, but
the subsystem has to exist.
- if you ask for a modules with load in the modules
node, same as before and the module has to exist.
- if you ask for a module with module in modules
node, same as load but with extended format
- <module name="bla_boo.xml"/>
- <module name="bla_boo"/>
- <module name="bla" type="boo"/>
- if you ask for a module with module in firmware
(or target inside a firmware), it will look for the
module and fall-back to subsystem if module file doesn't exist, and
you can use the same extended formats like above.
- the modules node can be removed unless a specific
non-default main_freq attribute needs to be specified (default is
autopilot main frequency).
The recommended format is the later one: only using modules as
children of the firmware (or target) node, and by splitting name and
type when appropriate.