how can I install dfu_util tool for my macbook?

how can I install dfu_util tool for my macbook?

心如烛光
Hi,everybody.
      I have buy an apogee for my new aircraft.But I can't program it since that I can't install the dfu_util tool for my macbook pro (lion 10.7.5).How can I fix the problem?Thanks a lot.

Re: how can I install dfu_util tool for my macbook?

Alexandre Bustico
Le 10/09/2013 16:30, 心如烛光 a écrit :
> Hi,everybody.
> I have buy an apogee for my new aircraft.But I can't program it since
> that I can't install the dfu_util tool for my macbook pro (lion
> 10.7.5).How can I fix the problem?Thanks a lot.

On this url you have hints to install dfu_util on macosx platform
http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Dfu-util

Alexandre

Re: how can I install dfu_util tool for my macbook?

Stephen Dwyer
Hello,

If you are using macports there is a port for dfu-util as well. I am kind of in the process of updating the paparazzi-tools port to add this as a dependency. You should be able to just do "sudo port install dfu-util".

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Alexandre Bustico <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 10/09/2013 16:30, 心如烛光 a écrit :

Hi,everybody.
I have buy an apogee for my new aircraft.But I can't program it since that I can't install the dfu_util tool for my macbook pro (lion 10.7.5).How can I fix the problem?Thanks a lot.

On this url you have hints to install dfu_util on macosx platform
http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Dfu-util

Alexandre

CESSNA 182 full auto 2

Chris Efstathiou
Here is a glimpse of the first full auto2 flight, sorry i couldn't
upload the full video.
The autopilot used is the TWOG + drotek 10dof + paparazzi gps + airborne
antenna tracker + 13dbi yagi + a common camera able to do 360 degrees pan.
The small video loss you see around the 17s mark is the antenna reaching
one end (-180)
and rotating to the other side (+180).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnqa_QfMX_Q&feature=youtu.be
It was a perfect flight.
Chris

Re: CESSNA 182 full auto 2

Chris Efstathiou
I was impressed also as i didn't expected a so trouble free flight for my first internal combustion project.
For ~18km at 107-120km/h it burned 200ml of fuel and the airborne rotating antenna worked brilliantly (it used the magnetometer not the gps heading) as it also reduced the airborne interference.
Having a lot of space also helped to eliminate the 9xtend modem's interference to servos and gps
Chris

On 09/12/2013 09:42 PM, Felix Ruess wrote:
Very nice! Added to the Paparazzi UAS collection 2013 on youtube.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here is a glimpse of the first full auto2 flight, sorry i couldn't upload the full video.
The autopilot used is the TWOG + drotek 10dof + paparazzi gps + airborne antenna tracker + 13dbi yagi + a common camera able to do 360 degrees pan.
The small video loss you see around the 17s mark is the antenna reaching one end (-180)
and rotating to the other side (+180).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnqa_QfMX_Q&feature=youtu.be
It was a perfect flight.
Chris

Re: CESSNA 182 full auto 2

Iman
Hello

Would you give some information or specification of your airborne?

it seems, this is a large size airframe:)

Re: CESSNA 182 full auto 2

Chris Efstathiou
Hi.
It is a 3m (~10feet) span ASM Cessna 182 (asm is out of business now)
with a Saito FG57T 57cc 4 stroke twin cylinder gasoline engine.
It carried 4l of fuel, 1 6.6v 4AH LiFe A123  for ignition and 1 3s 12Ah
lipo for the servo etc.
AUW for this particular flight was 17Kg
Chris

On 09/12/2013 10:33 PM, Iman wrote:

> Hello
>
> Would you give some information or specification of your airborne?
>
> it seems, this is a large size airframe:)

Re: CESSNA 182 full auto 2

Chris Efstathiou
Hi.
In the modules directory there is the airborne antenna track module.
Use a GWS S125 1T 360 degree analog servo or a SPT50 from servocity (low torque as it uses a micro servo).
Attached is a photo with my very first version with SPT50 and a 10dbi 2.5Ghz  antenna.
For the antenna i constructed a yagi for 2.4 Ghz my self using this calculator
http://www.k7mem.com/Electronic_Notebook/antennas/yagi_vhf.html
I constructed various yagis using this calculator and after verification with expensive instruments they all were spot on!
Chris

On 09/13/2013 11:11 PM, alonso acuña wrote:
[...]

spt50_yagi.JPG (650K) Download Attachment

Compile error when using the drotek imu

Chris Efstathiou
Hi
I think there is a typo in "imu_drotek_10dof_v2.makefile" i think as i
get this error during compile
"modules/compass/compass.c:39:20: fatal error:
imu/imu_drotek_10dof_v2.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated."
I think that  line #45
IMU_DROTEK_2_CFLAGS += -DIMU_TYPE_H=\"imu/imu_drotek_10dof_v2.h\"
should be
IMU_DROTEK_2_CFLAGS +=
-DIMU_TYPE_H=\"$(SRC_SUBSYSTEMS)/imu/imu_drotek_10dof_v2.h\"

Chris

Re: Compile error when using the drotek imu

Hi Chris,

I think you tried to include IMU_TYPE_H?
You shouldn't do that and instead simply #include "subsystems/imu.h"

Hope that helps,
Felix

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi
I think there is a typo in "imu_drotek_10dof_v2.makefile" i think as i get this error during compile
"modules/compass/compass.c:39:20: fatal error: imu/imu_drotek_10dof_v2.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated."
I think that  line #45
IMU_DROTEK_2_CFLAGS += -DIMU_TYPE_H=\"imu/imu_drotek_10dof_v2.h\"
should be
IMU_DROTEK_2_CFLAGS += -DIMU_TYPE_H=\"$(SRC_SUBSYSTEMS)/imu/imu_drotek_10dof_v2.h\"

Chris

Aspirin 2.2 and Tiny 2.11

Uttam Chandrashekhar
Hi guys,

Is it possible to use the Aspirin 2.2 IMU with a Tiny 2.11 over the SPI bus? I ask because the wiki says the factory calibration of the IMU is used only when the Aspirin 2.2 is used with the SPI driver and not with the I2C driver.

-Thanks,
Uttam

Re: Aspirin 2.2 and Tiny 2.11

Hi Uttam,

I haven't had time to refactor and clean up the aspirin2_i2c driver so far.... as the wiki says it currently doesn't have the default sensitivities for accel/gyros defined, but you can easily just take the same defaults and put them in your airframe file.
The bigger "problem" is probably that the aspirin2_i2c driver currently does not read the mag...

And yes, you can use the aspirin_v2.2 driver to read accel/gyro and mag over SPI on LPC2148 boards.
However on the Tiny2.11 SPI connector there is only one SlaveSelect line/pin and that is also currently the only pin defined in the board file...
So if you don't want/need to read the baro (via SPI), then you have to pull up the BARO_CS line on aspirin so it's not floating.
If you want the baro, you would have to add definitions for another SlaveSelect (ChipSelect) pin to the tiny_2.1.h file....

Hope that helps,
Cheers, Felix

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Uttam Chandrashekhar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

Is it possible to use the Aspirin 2.2 IMU with a Tiny 2.11 over the SPI bus? I ask because the wiki says the factory calibration of the IMU is used only when the Aspirin 2.2 is used with the SPI driver and not with the I2C driver.

-Thanks,
Uttam

Re: Aspirin 2.2 and Tiny 2.11

Uttam Chandrashekhar
Hi Felix,

Thanks! I won't be using baro for now, so it should be all fine!

I'm on the 5.0.0 branch, and have Ubuntu 12.04 running. I had to remove brltty, but my ground modem does not work! It just fails to connect to it. Dmesg says that it's been plugged to /dev/ttyUSB0, and the modem works on an older setup running a different ubuntu version. Any idea whats happening?

-Thanks,
Uttam

Re: how can I install dfu_util tool for my macbook?

Michel GORRAZ

Just a small question : where did you buy the Apogee autopilot ?

@+
Michel