hello to the team paparazzi

durand olivier
Hello there,

As a  newcomer to the paparazzi mailing list (here and on IRC as "olivdudu") i 'd like to introduce myself. I am Olivier, i live in western France and fly R/C electric models and slope soarers . I've also been practising aerial photography for ten months by now and this, is becoming the main piece of interest of my hobby. I am also addicted to the cnc foam cutting...
When i  discovered the paparazzi project, roughly two months ago, i told to myself, this might be the proper way to get rid of R/Cpiloting my photoplane and to focus on the photoshooting. Unfortunetly, i don't get confident enough with the smc components welding. That's the reason why i am interresting in the robostix device.  By the time, i am discovering Linux/debian with the paparazzi live cd and have ordered official Debian CDs to install sarge on my pc through a vmware emolution.
Next step will be ordering the hardware. On that topic, would someone tell me which gumstix board should be docked with the Robostix  .I would also like to apply for the buying list.
well, it's not a piece of cake for me, computing is not so easy and i am rather slow, but that helps me going ahead, discovering new environnments and , at the end,that makes good

congratulation to the ppz team for what you do

Bye

olivier

Re: hello to the team paparazzi

antoine.drouin
Hi Olivier

You can use a robostix to control your vehicle and you need no gumstix. The
gumstix was intented to run a payload application. The autopilots entierly runs
in the robostix.
Nevertheless, I would not recommand this solution. It seems that nobody else is
using avr anymore, so the code is getting less and less test on this architure.
Furthermore, the robostix is really only a mega128 with connectors, so you will
need to add all peripherals at the end of wires.
Finally, the LPC offer lots of advantages over AVRs, one of the nicest is
flashing through USB. EMI is also much better on LPC boards and this is an
important point if you want a GPS that works well and long rc range.

I think the best solution would be that you get your hand on a tiny - I have no
turnkey solution for you, but if your concern is about soldering the LPC, I can
do it for you in the ENAC reflow oven.

I wish you luck for your project

Antoine

ps: it's really time we find some company to manufacture the fscking boards...
I can't understand nobody is willing to do that given the strong demand :(

Selon durand olivier <[hidden email]>:

> Hello there,
>
>   As a  newcomer to the paparazzi mailing list (here and on IRC as
> "olivdudu") i 'd like to introduce myself. I am Olivier, i live in western
> France and fly R/C electric models and slope soarers . I've also been
> practising aerial photography for ten months by now and this, is becoming the
> main piece of interest of my hobby. I am also addicted to the cnc foam
> cutting...
>   When i  discovered the paparazzi project, roughly two months ago, i told to
> myself, this might be the proper way to get rid of R/Cpiloting my photoplane
> and to focus on the photoshooting. Unfortunetly, i don't get confident enough
> with the smc components welding. That's the reason why i am interresting in
> the robostix device.  By the time, i am discovering Linux/debian with the
> paparazzi live cd and have ordered official Debian CDs to install sarge on my
> pc through a vmware emolution.
>   Next step will be ordering the hardware. On that topic, would someone tell
> me which gumstix board should be docked with the Robostix  .I would also like
> to apply for the buying list.
>   well, it's not a piece of cake for me, computing is not so easy and i am
> rather slow, but that helps me going ahead, discovering new environnments and
> , at the end,that makes good
>
>   congratulation to the ppz team for what you do
>
>   Bye
>
>   olivier
>

> ---------------------------------
>  Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions !
> Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes
> sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses.

RE : Re: hello to the team paparazzi

durand olivier

Hello Antoine,

It's nice to meet you.
your offer to use the Enac's oven is very kind. Thanks a lot, because my main concern is really soldering . I am used to soldering usual components and some very rare times, smc but i did not rely on my big hands and my 15W soldering iron for the µC...

Would you agree if i ship you the pcb and the components when i get them? I plan to buy and collect them on february. First of all, I will install debian next week when i am back from sea. I hope i'll be able at that time to upload the full cvs repository and begin to make myself used to the ppz softwares.
By the time, i am drawing my next photoplane on turbocad and get the cnc files ready. If someone is interested in that, i might send them on the mailing list when finished.
I cannot go to the irc till friday (jobcomputer locked...alas)

See you soon

Olivier