front wheel control of a fixedwing planeduring take off on a runway

front wheel control of a fixedwing planeduring take off on a runway

refik

Hello,

We want to control the front wheel of a plane during takeoff on a runway. Is there anybody who implemented this before?

I think that the ailerons will not change, but the front wheel must follow the line on the runway. It will be similar to following a line on the air, but only the front wheel will follow this line during takeoff.

How can we implement it? Is it enough to make a flight plan routine, which compares the route of the plane with the line? Or, do we have to change the c codes?

I look forward to your suggestions,

Cheers,

Refik

Avast logo

Bu e-posta virüslere karşı Avast antivirüs yazılımı tarafından kontrol edilmiştir.

Re: front wheel control of a fixedwing planeduring take off on a runway

Christophe De Wagter

You will need some c-code with a PID controller. Maybe make it a module. But the flight plan runs only at 4Hz on fixed wings and that must be too slow.

I suggest an outer loop with a low PI gain commanding the heading and and inner loop with PD gain commanding the nose wheel from the heading error

On Nov 9, 2015 11:07 PM, "Refik Sever" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

We want to control the front wheel of a plane during takeoff on a runway. Is there anybody who implemented this before?

I think that the ailerons will not change, but the front wheel must follow the line on the runway. It will be similar to following a line on the air, but only the front wheel will follow this line during takeoff.

How can we implement it? Is it enough to make a flight plan routine, which compares the route of the plane with the line? Or, do we have to change the c codes?

I look forward to your suggestions,

Cheers,

Refik

Avast logo

Bu e-posta virüslere karşı Avast antivirüs yazılımı tarafından kontrol edilmiştir.

Re: front wheel control of a fixedwing planeduring take off on a runway

refik

Hi Christophe and Hector,

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers,