formation flight (problem with "Flight Xbee-API@57600")

amirhtbt
Hi
I want to have a formation flight(using apogee autopilot) with 3 mini UAV
(one as leader and two others as follower) with just one telemetry module on
my ground station with three ones on the UAVs.
I used:

 <module name="telemetry_xbee_api">
        <configure name="MODEM_PORT" value="UART4" />
        <configure name="MODEM_BAUD" value="B57600" />
 </module>

in my airframe file.
Also I changed the conf. of xbee modules(pro s3b; 250 mw) from
"transparent[0]" to "api with escape[2]". For execution the session, I used
predefined "Flight XBEE-API@57600" with the following "Data Link" address:
/home/amirhtbt/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/tmtc/link  -d /dev/paparazzi/xbee
-transport xbee -s 57600.
But telemetry doesn't connect at all:(((
I appreciate your help :)

Regards
Amir Hossein

--
Sent from: http://lists.paparazziuav.org/paparazzi-devel-f3.html

Re: formation flight (problem with "Flight Xbee-API@57600")

Aka-7
Hi Amir,

I´ve no experience with the 900MHz modules, just some hints:
- If I remember right, no escape character use for Paparazzi, better check in deeper documentation or code..
   - best to check single aircraft functionality with API first
- Not sure if the SB3 modules allow the basic point to multipoint which is used for Paparazzi multi-aircraft functionality
   - I used the "old" Series 1 modules years ago and it worked

Bit of documentation here:

Cheers

Marc