a direction question about lisa/m 2.0 board

Report Content as Inappropriate

a direction question about lisa/m 2.0 board

Hao Zhang
Hi,everyone.
I am a beginer,i am building my first quadcopter now.
according wiki page
ImuCalibration(http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/ImuCalibration),
calibrate my lisa/m 2.0 board.
but i can not distinguish board's front and upside.

plz look at this pic:
http://tinypic.com/r/doumhc/9

i think below picture is the upside, and the arrow is the front.
is that correct? thank you.

plz look at this pic:
http://tinypic.com/r/2pre6nb/9

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: a direction question about lisa/m 2.0 board

Balázs GÁTI
Hi,

you should look at the tiny arrows on the Aspirin IMU on the bottom side
of the Lisa board. The picture you sent shows the bottom side of the
board, but without the Aspirin IMU.

Balazs

2017.03.08. 5:59 keltezéssel, Hao Zhang írta:

> Hi,everyone.
> I am a beginer,i am building my first quadcopter now.
> according wiki page
> ImuCalibration(http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/ImuCalibration),
> calibrate my lisa/m 2.0 board.
> but i can not distinguish board's front and upside.
>
> plz look at this pic:
> http://tinypic.com/r/doumhc/9
>
> i think below picture is the upside, and the arrow is the front.
> is that correct? thank you.
>
> plz look at this pic:
> http://tinypic.com/r/2pre6nb/9

Balazs GATI, PhD
associate professor
      Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles

Address:   Budapest
           Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
           1111
Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960
Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080
Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: a direction question about lisa/m 2.0 board

Hao Zhang
Hi Balazs!
thanks for your reply.
you are right, on the Aspirin IMU wrote axis as below:

y-------N

so the x point is the front, right?

and my another question whitch is the upside in the calibrating the
accelerometers.
is the lisa/m board upside or the Aspirin IMU board upside?(you know
that they are opposite)

> Hi,
>
> you should look at the tiny arrows on the Aspirin IMU on the bottom side of
> the Lisa board. The picture you sent shows the bottom side of the board, but
> without the Aspirin IMU.
>
> Balazs
>

> 2017.03.08. 5:59 keltezéssel, Hao Zhang írta:
>>
>> Hi,everyone.
>> I am a beginer,i am building my first quadcopter now.
>> according wiki page
>> ImuCalibration(http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/ImuCalibration),
>> calibrate my lisa/m 2.0 board.
>> but i can not distinguish board's front and upside.
>>
>> plz look at this pic:
>> http://tinypic.com/r/doumhc/9
>>
>> i think below picture is the upside, and the arrow is the front.
>> is that correct? thank you.
>>
>> plz look at this pic:
>> http://tinypic.com/r/2pre6nb/9

> Balazs GATI, PhD
> associate professor
>      Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles
>      Budapest University of Technology and Economics
>
> Address:   Budapest
>           Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
>           1111
> Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960
> Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080
> Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: a direction question about lisa/m 2.0 board

Balázs GÁTI
Hi,

yes, x is the first (generally front) direction and z looks toward you
in the picture while looks downward in a normal airframe. But later you
can define its direction relative to the airframe in the airframe config
file.

At first the directions of the IMU are important (not that of the Lisa
board or the airframe). But unfortunately I don't have too much
experience with Aspirin calibration yet, because we are using xsense
sensor with its own calibration tool.

Regards,
  Balazs

2017.03.08. 9:20 keltezéssel, Hao Zhang írta:

> Hi Balazs!
> thanks for your reply.
> you are right, on the Aspirin IMU wrote axis as below:

> y-------N
>
> so the x point is the front, right?
>
> and my another question whitch is the upside in the calibrating the
> accelerometers.
> is the lisa/m board upside or the Aspirin IMU board upside?(you know
> that they are opposite)

>> Hi,
>>
>> you should look at the tiny arrows on the Aspirin IMU on the bottom side of
>> the Lisa board. The picture you sent shows the bottom side of the board, but
>> without the Aspirin IMU.
>>
>> Balazs
>>

>> 2017.03.08. 5:59 keltezéssel, Hao Zhang írta:
>>>
>>> Hi,everyone.
>>> I am a beginer,i am building my first quadcopter now.
>>> according wiki page
>>> ImuCalibration(http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/ImuCalibration),
>>> calibrate my lisa/m 2.0 board.
>>> but i can not distinguish board's front and upside.
>>>
>>> plz look at this pic:
>>> http://tinypic.com/r/doumhc/9
>>>
>>> i think below picture is the upside, and the arrow is the front.
>>> is that correct? thank you.
>>>
>>> plz look at this pic:
>>> http://tinypic.com/r/2pre6nb/9

>> --
>> Balazs GATI, PhD
>> associate professor
>>      Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles
>>      Budapest University of Technology and Economics
>>
>> Address:   Budapest
>>           Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
>>           1111
>> Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960
>> Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080
>> Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

Balazs GATI, PhD
associate professor
      Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles

Address:   Budapest
           Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
           1111
Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960
Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080
Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: a direction question about lisa/m 2.0 board

Hao Zhang
Hi Balazs!

thanks for your reply.
I will try it.