Y4 Copter with coaxial front engine

notoriou5
Hi,

did anyone before succeeded in building a Y4 Copter with a coaxial front engine?

Would be really great to get some ideas on that topic.

Thank you very much,

Kevin

Re: Y4 Copter with coaxial front engine

Nicolas Quendez
Hi,

I worked on this UAV a very long time ago. Power efficiency was good (I think it was around 80W/kg). Stabilisation outdoor difficult, probably due to shroud and/or bad autopilot.

Best regards
Nicolas

Le 17 mars 2016 à 05:12, notoriou5 <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

did anyone before succeeded in building a Y4 Copter with a coaxial front
engine?

Would be really great to get some ideas on that topic.

Thank you very much,

Kevin

Re: Y4 Copter with coaxial front engine

notoriou5
Hi Nicolas,

that looks really interesting, very similar to the one I plan to build. It is basically the same, just with a tilting front engine.

Would it be possible to have a look at the files you programmed for this copter? That would help me a lot for my project.

Thanks in advance,

Re: Y4 Copter with coaxial front engine

Nicolas Quendez
Sorry, this was 13 years ago, paparazzi was not flying rotorcraft yet, I have no file anymore with me.
The main difficulty I think, seen after wind-tunnel tests : the shroud generates a strong backward pitch effect in translation, that make the UAV difficult to stabilize with wind…

Today I would do the same without any shroud.

Best regards
Nicolas