Thermophiles

Ghint
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone in Europe is available to build a
thermophile sensor kit for me. It would require 4 orthogonal
horizontal sensors plus a fifth vertical (pointing up) sensor (for
auto-calibration). Output goes to 10bit adc (atmega128) so analog is
perfect (7 pins: power in, ground, sensors[5]).

Please specify cost (supplies plus work) and location.

I am asking this because i can't get a hold of any thermophiles or
PCB manufacture. Unassembled is fine (i can solder it even if it has
smd parts).

Thanks,
Filipe

Re: Thermophiles

antoine.drouin
Hi Filipe

To get an automatic calibration, I think you'll need a full 3rd axis,
that is 6 thermopiles.
The substraction between opposite thermopiles output is done at
electrical level, before amplification.
In the CVS, we have plans for a two axis sensor and a single axis one.
You can combine one of each to get a full 3 axis sensor. This solution
has the advantage of easing the mechanical fiting in the airframe - With
a monolithic 3 axis sensor, you'd have to find a location in the
airframe where the 3 axis are unobstructed.

Best Regards

Antoine

ps: I think Ethan has some sensor PCB available - For the thermopiles, I
use Melexis which I get direct from the importator - Martin and Ethan
use Perkin-Elmer which they get from a german shop I think.

Filipe Varela wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Just wondering if anyone in Europe is available to build a
> thermophile sensor kit for me. It would require 4 orthogonal
> horizontal sensors plus a fifth vertical (pointing up) sensor (for
> auto-calibration). Output goes to 10bit adc (atmega128) so analog is
> perfect (7 pins: power in, ground, sensors[5]).
>
> Please specify cost (supplies plus work) and location.
>
> I am asking this because i can't get a hold of any thermophiles or
> PCB manufacture. Unassembled is fine (i can solder it even if it has
> smd parts).
>
> Thanks,
> Filipe

AW: Thermophiles

Ethan Arnold-2
Guys,

I do have plenty of Paparazzi 2-axis horizon sensor PCBs, I can let you have
them for 5 EUR/each. They are just like the Paparazzi design, except the
opamp chip is the SOIC-8 case instead of the smaller one (=easier to
solder).

For thermopiles I use the ones from Reichelt (www.reichelt.de), cost about 8
EUR each.

I must admit I havent actually assembled and tested one yet, but they should
be ok. If there is any major problem of course I'll refund your money.

Just send me an email if you're interested, I accept PayPal.

Regards,
Ethan

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----