[TWOG] CAM Port Pins

Kristofer Von Ahnen
Is it possible to regulate the voltage of the CamSW pin on the TWOG
board (http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/TWOG/v1.0) for sending a
hardware signal to a separate device? I notice in the cam_control module
that the servo pins are being used to adjust a camera's position by
sending commands, but can the same be done with the CamSW pin?

Best,
~Kris

Re: [TWOG] CAM Port Pins

Rolf Noellenburg
Hello Kris,

following the schematics given on the side of your link, CamSW is on a
pin similar to a led switch and is not suitable to control a servo. Only
the outputs SRV0 to SRV7 can drive a servo directly on a TwoG.

By the way: the servo pins don't adjust a voltage in order to modify the
position of the servo but provide a PWM signal which is translated to a
corresponding angle by the servo.

Best regards,
Rolf

Am 02.12.2014 01:03, schrieb Kristofer Von Ahnen:

> Is it possible to regulate the voltage of the CamSW pin on the TWOG
> board (http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/TWOG/v1.0) for sending a
> hardware signal to a separate device? I notice in the cam_control
> module that the servo pins are being used to adjust a camera's
> position by sending commands, but can the same be done with the CamSW
> pin?
>
> Best,
> ~Kris

Re: [TWOG] CAM Port Pins

Kristofer Von Ahnen
Is there a way to signal it On/Off? I guess voltage regulation is the
wrong phrase.

~Kris

On 12/02/2014 02:46 AM, Rolf Noellenburg wrote:

> Hello Kris,
>
> following the schematics given on the side of your link, CamSW is on a
> pin similar to a led switch and is not suitable to control a servo.
> Only the outputs SRV0 to SRV7 can drive a servo directly on a TwoG.
>
> By the way: the servo pins don't adjust a voltage in order to modify
> the position of the servo but provide a PWM signal which is translated
> to a corresponding angle by the servo.
>
> Best regards,
> Rolf
>

> Am 02.12.2014 01:03, schrieb Kristofer Von Ahnen:
>> Is it possible to regulate the voltage of the CamSW pin on the TWOG
>> board (http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/TWOG/v1.0) for sending a
>> hardware signal to a separate device? I notice in the cam_control
>> module that the servo pins are being used to adjust a camera's
>> position by sending commands, but can the same be done with the CamSW
>> pin?
>>
>> Best,
>> ~Kris

Re: [TWOG] CAM Port Pins

agressiva
For sure you can use the CAM_SW as camera trigger.
Use an optocoupler to connect this pin to your camera.

Use something like this to control the cam_sw pin

    <load name="digital_cam.xml">
      <define name="DC_SHUTTER_GPIO" value="GPIOC,GPIO12"/>
    </load>

> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 06:52:26 -0600

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] [TWOG] CAM Port Pins
>
> Is there a way to signal it On/Off? I guess voltage regulation is the
> wrong phrase.
>
> ~Kris
>
> On 12/02/2014 02:46 AM, Rolf Noellenburg wrote:
> > Hello Kris,
> >
> > following the schematics given on the side of your link, CamSW is on a
> > pin similar to a led switch and is not suitable to control a servo.
> > Only the outputs SRV0 to SRV7 can drive a servo directly on a TwoG.
> >
> > By the way: the servo pins don't adjust a voltage in order to modify
> > the position of the servo but provide a PWM signal which is translated
> > to a corresponding angle by the servo.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Rolf
> >

> > Am 02.12.2014 01:03, schrieb Kristofer Von Ahnen:
> >> Is it possible to regulate the voltage of the CamSW pin on the TWOG
> >> board (http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/TWOG/v1.0) for sending a
> >> hardware signal to a separate device? I notice in the cam_control
> >> module that the servo pins are being used to adjust a camera's
> >> position by sending commands, but can the same be done with the CamSW
> >> pin?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> ~Kris

Re: [TWOG] CAM Port Pins

Or for the Twog:
    <load name="digital_cam.xml">
      <define name="DC_SHUTTER_GPIO" value="CAM_SWITCH_GPIO"/>
    </load>
which equals
    <load name="digital_cam.xml">
      <define name="DC_SHUTTER_GPIO" value="GPIOB,GPIO22"/>
    </load>

If you simply want to control the gpio directly in your own code:
Set the gpio up as output:
gpio_setup_output(CAM_SWITCH_GPIO);
And then set or clear the pin as disired:
gpio_set(CAM_SWITCH_GPIO);
gpio_clear(CAM_SWITCH_GPIO);

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 8:03 PM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
For sure you can use the CAM_SW as camera trigger.
Use an optocoupler to connect this pin to your camera.

Use something like this to control the cam_sw pin

    <load name="digital_cam.xml">
      <define name="DC_SHUTTER_GPIO" value="GPIOC,GPIO12"/>
    </load>

> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 06:52:26 -0600

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] [TWOG] CAM Port Pins

> Is there a way to signal it On/Off? I guess voltage regulation is the
> wrong phrase.
>
> ~Kris
>
> On 12/02/2014 02:46 AM, Rolf Noellenburg wrote:
> > Hello Kris,
> >
> > following the schematics given on the side of your link, CamSW is on a
> > pin similar to a led switch and is not suitable to control a servo.
> > Only the outputs SRV0 to SRV7 can drive a servo directly on a TwoG.
> >
> > By the way: the servo pins don't adjust a voltage in order to modify
> > the position of the servo but provide a PWM signal which is translated
> > to a corresponding angle by the servo.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Rolf
> >

> > Am 02.12.2014 01:03, schrieb Kristofer Von Ahnen:
> >> Is it possible to regulate the voltage of the CamSW pin on the TWOG
> >> board (http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/TWOG/v1.0) for sending a
> >> hardware signal to a separate device? I notice in the cam_control
> >> module that the servo pins are being used to adjust a camera's
> >> position by sending commands, but can the same be done with the CamSW
> >> pin?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> ~Kris

Re: [TWOG] CAM Port Pins

Rolf Noellenburg
Then I misunderstood your question. I thought you wanted to control a
servo directly via CAMSW.

Rolf

Re: [TWOG] CAM Port Pins

Hwarm
The CAM Output on the TWOG  is a 5V power output. This output is a power output for a 5V video camera.
 If you use this signal direct usually the  camera input (1.8V .. 3V) will be defect.
You can use a 5V relay with this output.

You can also use a  normal servo with a micro switch or a  camera module
with ppm input in combination with a servo output pin.

for paparazzi 5.03

for the block servo:
<servo name="DC_SHUTTER_SERVO" no"8"  min="2000" neutral="1500"  max"1000" />

for the block  comand _laws:

<set servo"DC_SUTTER_SERVO" value"@DC_SHUTTER_SERVO"/>

Best regards,
Heinrich

Felix Ruess schrieb:
Or for the Twog:
    <load name="digital_cam.xml">
      <define name="DC_SHUTTER_GPIO" value="CAM_SWITCH_GPIO"/>
    </load>
which equals
    <load name="digital_cam.xml">
      <define name="DC_SHUTTER_GPIO" value="GPIOB,GPIO22"/>
    </load>

If you simply want to control the gpio directly in your own code:
Set the gpio up as output:
gpio_setup_output(CAM_SWITCH_GPIO);
And then set or clear the pin as disired:
gpio_set(CAM_SWITCH_GPIO);
gpio_clear(CAM_SWITCH_GPIO);

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 8:03 PM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
For sure you can use the CAM_SW as camera trigger.
Use an optocoupler to connect this pin to your camera.

Use something like this to control the cam_sw pin

    <load name="digital_cam.xml">
      <define name="DC_SHUTTER_GPIO" value="GPIOC,GPIO12"/>
    </load>

> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 06:52:26 -0600
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] [TWOG] CAM Port Pins

> Is there a way to signal it On/Off? I guess voltage regulation is the
> wrong phrase.
>
> ~Kris
>
> On 12/02/2014 02:46 AM, Rolf Noellenburg wrote:
> > Hello Kris,
> >
> > following the schematics given on the side of your link, CamSW is on a
> > pin similar to a led switch and is not suitable to control a servo.
> > Only the outputs SRV0 to SRV7 can drive a servo directly on a TwoG.
> >
> > By the way: the servo pins don't adjust a voltage in order to modify
> > the position of the servo but provide a PWM signal which is translated
> > to a corresponding angle by the servo.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Rolf
> >

> > Am 02.12.2014 01:03, schrieb Kristofer Von Ahnen:
> >> Is it possible to regulate the voltage of the CamSW pin on the TWOG
> >> board (http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/TWOG/v1.0) for sending a
> >> hardware signal to a separate device? I notice in the cam_control
> >> module that the servo pins are being used to adjust a camera's
> >> position by sending commands, but can the same be done with the CamSW
> >> pin?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> ~Kris

Re: [TWOG] CAM Port Pins

Rolf Noellenburg
Hello Heinrich,

you have to distinguish:
AUX is a 5V switchable power supply (approx. 1 A?). I used it with
success in combination with 2 diodes (reduce the voltage > 1 V) to
trigger a Canon S100 / ixus90is via CHDK/USB and all involved hardware
survived.
CAMSW is directly connected with the processor and therefore 3.3 V and
only low current (few mA).

Both are GPIOs and on a TwoG: AUX is "POWER_SWITCH_GPIO" or
"GPIOB,GPIO18" and CAMSW is "CAM_SWITCH_GPIO" or "GPIOB,GPIO22" like
Felix already wrote.

Rolf

Am 02.12.2014 21:21, schrieb Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers:

> [...]
>>     > >>
>>     > >> Best,
>>     > >> ~Kris
>>     > >>
>>     > >> _______________________________________________
>>     > >> Paparazzi-devel mailing list
>>     > >> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>     > >> https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/paparazzi-devel
>>     > >>
>>     > >
>>     > >
>>     > > _______________________________________________
>>     > > Paparazzi-devel mailing list
>>     > > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>     > > https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/paparazzi-devel
>>     >
>>     >
>>     > _______________________________________________
>>     > Paparazzi-devel mailing list
>>     > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Thanks for the help, everyone! I was able to get a reading from the
servo pins but unfortunately it doesn't match up with the frequency and
period settings supplied in the airframe config file. I don't know if
this has to do with the dc.c file's age (I am required to work with a
copy of Paparazzi from years ago), my wiring, or with something I have
typed incorrectly. That said, I'll be developing code to use the CAM_SW
pin as per Felix's advice.

Thanks again for all your help.

Best,
~Kris

PS. Has anyone used the Paparazzi in conjunction with any of
Matrix-Vision's sensors? (http://www.matrix-vision.com/)

On 12/2/14, 4:55 PM, Rolf Noellenburg wrote:

> [...]
>>>     > >>
>>>     > >> Best,
>>>     > >> ~Kris
>>>     > >>
>>>     > >> _______________________________________________
>>>     > >> Paparazzi-devel mailing list
>>>     > >> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>>     > >> https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/paparazzi-devel
>>>     > >>
>>>     > >
>>>     > >
>>>     > > _______________________________________________
>>>     > > Paparazzi-devel mailing list
>>>     > > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>>     > > https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/paparazzi-devel
>>>     >
>>>     >
>>>     > Paparazzi-devel mailing list
>>>     > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

If you are using a Paparazzi version from years ago, you also won't be able to use the gpio_set/clear functions and you have to use the LPC registers directly.
I seriously suggest to update to the latest stable version....