Strange problem with CPPM reciever

amirhtbt

I have FrSky TARANIS 9D Plus Radio with FrSky XSR 2.4GHz 16CH ACCST Receiver w/ S-Bus & CPPM, that are compatable.

Inline image
Inline image

Based on the following link:

I added this code to my Airframe File via LisaMV2:

<firmware name="rotorcraft">
    <subsystem name="radio_control" type="ppm">
        <configure name="RADIO_CONTROL_PPM_PIN" value="UART1_RX"/>
    </subsystem>
  </firmware>

But unfortunately the Radio can not connect and I dont know where is the problem. Does any one know?

Tnx
Amir

Re: Strange problem with CPPM reciever

Pascal Fust
Hi Amir,

did you try the alternative way of connecting the receiver to the Lisa M via a servo pin (just for testing purpose)?

Best, Pascal

I have FrSky TARANIS 9D Plus Radio with FrSky XSR 2.4GHz 16CH ACCST Receiver w/ S-Bus & CPPM, that are compatable.

Inline image
Inline image

Based on the following link:

I added this code to my Airframe File via LisaMV2:

<firmware name="rotorcraft">
    <subsystem name="radio_control" type="ppm">
        <configure name="RADIO_CONTROL_PPM_PIN" value="UART1_RX"/>
    </subsystem>
  </firmware>

But unfortunately the Radio can not connect and I dont know where is the problem. Does any one know?

Tnx
Amir

Re: Strange problem with CPPM reciever

amirhtbt
Dear Pascal,
I Tried it in all the way; UART1, UART5 and servo output, but it doesnt work!!

Does anyone know about the compatibility of these futaba radios with LisaMV2? Now I have problem with cppm reciever:

futaba 14SG
futaba 8FG
futaba 10J
futaba 8J
futaba 4YF

Tnx alot
Amir

Re: Strange problem with CPPM reciever

Hi Amir,

did you use a matching radio control file for your receiver?
See https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Radio_Control

Cheers, Felix

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:35 AM, amirhtbt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Pascal,
> I Tried it in all the way; UART1, UART5 and servo output, but it doesnt
> work!!
>
> Does anyone know about the compatibility of these futaba radios with
> LisaMV2? Now I have problem with cppm reciever:
>
> futaba 14SG
> futaba 8FG
> futaba 10J
> futaba 8J
> futaba 4YF
>
> Tnx alot
> Amir

Re: Strange problem with CPPM reciever

amirhtbt
Dear Felix,
I before used this radio (FrskyX9D) and its X8R receiver (Sbus) with available .xml file with Apogee successfully. But for LisaMv2 I tried with frsky XSR (CPPM) and the same .xml radio file. In addition, I tried both POSITIVE and NEGATIVE in pulse_type, but it doesnt work yet. No radio commands (RC and ppm in messages) are transformed.

On Monday, April 18, 2016 5:31 PM, Felix Ruess <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Amir,

did you use a matching radio control file for your receiver?
See https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Radio_Control

Cheers, Felix

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:35 AM, amirhtbt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Pascal,
> I Tried it in all the way; UART1, UART5 and servo output, but it doesnt
> work!!
>
> Does anyone know about the compatibility of these futaba radios with
> LisaMV2? Now I have problem with cppm reciever:
>
> futaba 14SG
> futaba 8FG
> futaba 10J
> futaba 8J
> futaba 4YF
>
> Tnx alot
> Amir

Re: Strange problem with CPPM reciever

As it says in the wiki, the radio control xml file is not used for
receivers with serial ouput (that includes SBus).
Please follow https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Radio_Control#Measuring_the_PPM_time_values
and write a radio xml file with correct number of PPM ouput channels
and timings.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 3:58 PM, amir hossein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Felix,
> I before used this radio (FrskyX9D) and its X8R receiver (Sbus) with
> available .xml file with Apogee successfully. But for LisaMv2 I tried with
> frsky XSR (CPPM) and the same .xml radio file. In addition, I tried both
> POSITIVE and NEGATIVE in pulse_type, but it doesnt work yet. No radio
> commands (RC and ppm in messages) are transformed.
>

> On Monday, April 18, 2016 5:31 PM, Felix Ruess <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> Hi Amir,
>
> did you use a matching radio control file for your receiver?
> See https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Radio_Control
>
> Cheers, Felix
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:35 AM, amirhtbt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Pascal,
>> I Tried it in all the way; UART1, UART5 and servo output, but it doesnt
>> work!!
>>
>> Does anyone know about the compatibility of these futaba radios with
>> LisaMV2? Now I have problem with cppm reciever:
>>
>> futaba 14SG
>> futaba 8FG
>> futaba 10J
>> futaba 8J
>> futaba 4YF
>>
>> Tnx alot
>> Amir

Re: Strange problem with CPPM reciever

amirhtbt
I didnt understand it!
My XSR reciever has 8 output channel (cppm) and I use following in my radio file.

<radio name="FrSky X9D + X8R receiver SBus connection" data_min="900" data_max="2100" sync_min ="5000" sync_max ="15000" pulse_type="POSITIVE">
 <channel ctl="B" function="ROLL"     min="990" neutral="1503" max="2011" average="0"/>
 <channel ctl="C" function="PITCH"    min="2011" neutral="1498" max="987" average="0"/>
 <channel ctl="D" function="YAW"      min="990" neutral="1500" max="2011" average="0"/>
 <channel ctl="A" function="THROTTLE" min="998" neutral="998" max="2011" average="0"/>
 <channel ctl="G" function="UNUSED"    min="2050" neutral="1500" max="950" average="1"/>
 <channel ctl="F" function="GAIN1"     min="2050" neutral="1496" max="948" average="1"/>
 <channel ctl="PHAUX2" function="MODE"    min="2011" neutral="1500" max="987" average="1"/> <!-- mode switch is on channel 7 -->
</radio>

Also I added "RC" and "PPM" in my telemetry .xml file with 0.5 sec period but no data appeare in messages.

On Monday, April 18, 2016 6:37 PM, Felix Ruess <[hidden email]> wrote:

As it says in the wiki, the radio control xml file is not used for
receivers with serial ouput (that includes SBus).
Please follow https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Radio_Control#Measuring_the_PPM_time_values
and write a radio xml file with correct number of PPM ouput channels
and timings.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 3:58 PM, amir hossein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Felix,
> I before used this radio (FrskyX9D) and its X8R receiver (Sbus) with
> available .xml file with Apogee successfully. But for LisaMv2 I tried with
> frsky XSR (CPPM) and the same .xml radio file. In addition, I tried both
> POSITIVE and NEGATIVE in pulse_type, but it doesnt work yet. No radio
> commands (RC and ppm in messages) are transformed.
>

> On Monday, April 18, 2016 5:31 PM, Felix Ruess <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> Hi Amir,
>
> did you use a matching radio control file for your receiver?
> See https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Radio_Control
>
> Cheers, Felix
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:35 AM, amirhtbt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Pascal,
>> I Tried it in all the way; UART1, UART5 and servo output, but it doesnt
>> work!!
>>
>> Does anyone know about the compatibility of these futaba radios with
>> LisaMV2? Now I have problem with cppm reciever:
>>
>> futaba 14SG
>> futaba 8FG
>> futaba 10J
>> futaba 8J
>> futaba 4YF
>>
>> Tnx alot
>> Amir

Re: Strange problem with CPPM reciever

Helge Walle
Hi Amir,

Here is the radio file that works with my Taranis Tx and D8R-XP Rx with cppm output.
The file has 8 channels and so I believe is the cppm output of your Rx.

For the Lisa/M 2.0 I have in the airframe file:

<subsystem name="radio_control" type="ppm">
   <configure name="RADIO_CONTROL_PPM_PIN" value="UART1_RX"/>
</subsystem>

Helge.

Taranis_1.xml (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Strange problem with CPPM reciever

Pascal Fust
What I was struggling at first with my Taranis & X8R was, that I needed to define in the radio XML exactly the total number of channels the receiver was setup up for (16 channels in my configuration), i.e. even the channels I didn't need at all had to be defined by dummies. Otherwise nothing worked at all...

Pascal

Hi Amir,

Here is the radio file that works with my Taranis Tx and D8R-XP Rx with cppm output.
The file has 8 channels and so I believe is the cppm output of your Rx.

For the Lisa/M 2.0 I have in the airframe file:

<subsystem name="radio_control" type="ppm">
   <configure name="RADIO_CONTROL_PPM_PIN" value="UART1_RX"/>
</subsystem>

Helge.

As it says in the wiki, the radio control xml file is not used for
receivers with serial ouput (that includes SBus).
Please follow https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Radio_Control#Measuring_the_PPM_time_values
and write a radio xml file with correct number of PPM ouput channels
and timings.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 3:58 PM, amir hossein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Felix,
> I before used this radio (FrskyX9D) and its X8R receiver (Sbus) with
> available .xml file with Apogee successfully. But for LisaMv2 I tried with
> frsky XSR (CPPM) and the same .xml radio file. In addition, I tried both
> POSITIVE and NEGATIVE in pulse_type, but it doesnt work yet. No radio
> commands (RC and ppm in messages) are transformed.
>

> On Monday, April 18, 2016 5:31 PM, Felix Ruess <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> Hi Amir,
>
> did you use a matching radio control file for your receiver?
> See https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Radio_Control
>
> Cheers, Felix
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:35 AM, amirhtbt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Pascal,
>> I Tried it in all the way; UART1, UART5 and servo output, but it doesnt
>> work!!
>>
>> Does anyone know about the compatibility of these futaba radios with
>> LisaMV2? Now I have problem with cppm reciever:
>>
>> futaba 14SG
>> futaba 8FG
>> futaba 10J
>> futaba 8J
>> futaba 4YF
>>
>> Tnx alot
>> Amir

Re: Strange problem with CPPM reciever

Yes, as it says on
https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Radio_Control#PPM_Radio_Configuration
in bold, the number of channels has to match.
This was added intentionally a long time ago to make sure wrong PPM
frames are not accidentally recognized when the signal is bad.
Although that should not be an issue with digital receivers that
generate CPPM output from the digital signal...