Sometihing is wrong ?

xhc_mitu

Hi ,

   I could not get TTL-232R-3V3 USB - TTL Level Serial Converter cable in China,so I made the cable  myself according to usb_flasher.sch and usb_flasher.brd download in http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/paparazzi/paparazzi3/hw/in_progress/.When  I connect it with computer, Winxp found an unknown usb device but failled to intall the driver(download from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/Win2000/CDM%202.00.00.zip). I don't known why. Is usb_flasher.sch and usb_flasher.brd have some problems? How can I do?

   Another question is, I can not get mlx90247-dsa , can I replace mlx90247-dsa with tps334\3161 in ir_dual board?

   Good luck,

   Longxin Wei

Re: Sometihing is wrong ?

David Armstrong-2
their can be a number of reasons but this is the most common
as quoted from ftdi web site

This error can occur if the VID and PID programmed into the device EEPROM do not match those listed in the INF files for the driver. The VID and PID programmed into the device EEPROM may be found by using the USBView utility from the FTDI web site. These can then be checked against the VID and PID entries in the driver INF files. If they do not match, that driver cannot be installed for that device without either re-programming the device EEPROM or modifying the list of VID and PID numbers in the INF files.

Please note that only your company VID and PID or FTDI's VID (0x0403) and FTDI PID issued for use by your company should be used in the EEPROM and INF/INI files.

i am presuming that because you have built the pcb that the eeprom will not be programmed with a default VID & PID , as is the case with the pre built convertor cable .
are you using windows xp or windows 2000 ?

regards
David

RE: Sometihing is wrong ?

Martin Mueller

> Another question is, I can not get mlx90247-dsa , can I replace
> mlx90247-dsa with tps334\3161 in ir_dual board?

we are using the PerkinElmer/Heimann TPS334 in ir_dual with all our
aircrafts. The characteristics are almost the same as from the Melexis
sensors, it works nicely. http://pfump.org/ir_sens.html

Martin

Re: Sometihing is wrong ?

David Armstrong-2