STM32 adc resolution???

Chris Efstathiou
I finished the analog airspeed sensor code (on ADC_3) but i have a question.
My math are correct only when i take the adc resolution to be 12 bits (4096)
Is this correct for the STM32 cpu?
Chris

Re: STM32 adc resolution???

Hector Garcia de Marina
Yes it is,

but depending on the STM32, you can have one or more than one simultaneous channels.
Héctor

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:
I finished the analog airspeed sensor code (on ADC_3) but i have a question.
My math are correct only when i take the adc resolution to be 12 bits (4096)
Is this correct for the STM32 cpu?
Chris

Héctor

Re: STM32 adc resolution???

agressiva
Hello hendrix, what sensor are you using ?

3 or 4 months ago i made some tests with 7002 sensor (same used on ardupilot)
I found a problem with temperature compensation.

Re: STM32 adc resolution???

Hector Garcia de Marina
I used 7002 in the past, and of course you have to compensate it over temperature (as with all "cheap" sensors). but in practice the deviation
is not so big.

Moreover, with 7002 you have a huge range and you should design an amplifier for your air speeds of interest.

Héctor

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello hendrix, what sensor are you using ?

3 or 4 months ago i made some tests with 7002 sensor (same used on ardupilot)
I found a problem with temperature compensation.

Re: STM32 adc resolution???

agressiva
What sensor are you using Héctor ?

Re: STM32 adc resolution???

Hector Garcia de Marina
Hi Eduardo,

the output is differential, so you can use an INA for accommodating the signal. I prefer differential signals for analog sensors because their are more robust against ground noises.

Héctor

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
What sensor are you using Héctor ?

Re: STM32 adc resolution???

Chris Efstathiou
I am afrraid i also use the 7002DP but hopefully only as an experiment.
If i find this solution good enough i will migrate to this:
http://www.sensortechnics.com/en/products/pressure-sensors-and-transmitters/amplified-pressure-sensors/lba/index.html
I am planing to compensate for temperature and altitude with a bmp085,
is this a good idea?
Chris