Paparazzi OSD, what is the status?

Tilman Baumann-3
I remember vaguely that someone mentioned a log time ago that he has
made some rudimentary OSD support for PPZ.
And there is at least one video on Youtube of that.
But what came of it? The wiki is silent. Krooz might bring us built in
OSD support, but I did not see that working either.
Of course I'm talking of airborne side OSD. Ivy-Mavlink bridge on the PC
helps little.

What is the status? Where are the loose ends and are any of those still
active?

Thanks
 Tilman

PS: I have put my PPZ ambitions on ice after a few successful flights
more than a year ago after I realised that I live in a too built up area
and too near to busy airports. And most importantly I realised that I
wasn't a safe pilot.
I have been flying RC for a while now (slope soaring) and became a
pretty competent pilot. My mate got into FPV and invited me to fly with
him. That is where I thought why not do that with a PPZ based system.
It's easily capable enough for RTH and flight stabilisation. :)
But with FPV a OSD is very useful.

Re: Paparazzi OSD, what is the status?

Tilman Baumann-3
Oh, this is embarrassing. I just found max7456.c in the ppz sources.
Any chances getting that to run on a Lisa/m with perhaps something like
this https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9168?

On 19/11/13 16:36, Tilman Baumann wrote:

> I remember vaguely that someone mentioned a log time ago that he has
> made some rudimentary OSD support for PPZ.
> And there is at least one video on Youtube of that.
> But what came of it? The wiki is silent. Krooz might bring us built in
> OSD support, but I did not see that working either.
> Of course I'm talking of airborne side OSD. Ivy-Mavlink bridge on the PC
> helps little.
>
> What is the status? Where are the loose ends and are any of those still
> active?
>
> Thanks
>  Tilman
>
> PS: I have put my PPZ ambitions on ice after a few successful flights
> more than a year ago after I realised that I live in a too built up area
> and too near to busy airports. And most importantly I realised that I
> wasn't a safe pilot.
> I have been flying RC for a while now (slope soaring) and became a
> pretty competent pilot. My mate got into FPV and invited me to fly with
> him. That is where I thought why not do that with a PPZ based system.
> It's easily capable enough for RTH and flight stabilisation. :)
> But with FPV a OSD is very useful.

Re: Paparazzi OSD, what is the status?

Chris Efstathiou
I can't see why not.
All it needs is a SPI connection.
Chris

On 19/11/13 17:18, Chris wrote:
> I can't see why not.
> All it needs is a SPI connection.
> Chris
5V SPI though. But that is a solvable problem...

Re: Paparazzi OSD, what is the status?

Chris Efstathiou
Check the schematic of Krooz sd, i think it works fine with 3.3v SPI
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/w/images/Schematics_KroozSD.jpg
The Krooz sd implementation is almost the same with the sparkfun's board.
Chris

On 19/11/13 17:26, Chris wrote:
> Check the schematic of Krooz sd, i think it works fine with 3.3v SPI
> http://paparazzi.enac.fr/w/images/Schematics_KroozSD.jpg
> The Krooz sd implementation is almost the same with the sparkfun's board.
> Chris
Oh, nice. Must try that. That would be really cool.

Re: Paparazzi OSD, what is the status?

Sergey Krukowski
Hi!

The OSD is working fine on KroozSD using osd_max7456 module. Just use the
same connection, choose the right CS pin, and it should work as well.

Best Regards,
Sergey