New Website and Forum?

Nicol Carstens

Hi Guys.

I have not looked at the paparazzi work for some time now. I was under the impression that Paparazzi became other dead Source Forge Autopilot project (http://autopilot.sourceforge.net/ - real ghost by now) ...

I was not aware of all the new public activity! Looks like I have been missing out on some fun!!

For those of you that don't understand what I am on about, have a look at...

http://www.recherche.enac.fr/paparazzi/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

and

http://rc-autopilot.de/smf

I have been following the paparazzi work (clearly not well!) since the early days. Although it has always been my intention to build one, I have (till now) just never been able to find time to nuckle down. I have been overloaded on other aerospace work for the last 4 years, but I am very keen to get involved again. You guys have me all excited about the project again :-)

Time to climb in!

Keep up the good work!!

Kind Regards,
Nicol Carstens.

Disclaimer:  The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, disclosure or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by person or entities other then the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and return and/or destroy the original message and all copies from any computer.

Denel (Pty) Ltd exercises no editorial control over e-mail messages originating in the organisation and does not accept any responsibility for either the contents of the message or any copyright laws that may have been violated by the person sending this message.
Denel (Pty) Ltd is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt.
This message should not be copied or used for any purpose other than intended, nor should it be disclosed to any other person.

Re: New Website and Forum?

vespa@juno.com
Welcome (back) Nicol!  The project has indeed made great leaps in the
last year and we are now surpassing the abilities of commercial
autopilots with a system that requires no pre-flight hardware
calibration, no pre-flight mission planning, and has the ability to
perform complex search and surveillance routines with the click of a
mouse anywhere, anytime.  We have been flying in 20m/s winds, heavy
rain, and of course, total darkness.  The new ARM7-based autopilot is
generations beyond the original in ease of use and processing ability
and several members are now offering fully assembled and tested boards
for a very nominal price.  Pick up a board and get flying!

http://www.recherche.enac.fr/paparazzi/wiki/index.php/Get_Hardware

Jeremy

[...]

Francisco Zabala
Glad to have you back on board :-) Nicol... As Jeremy pointed out we
are alive and uprising. Don't forget to drop-by the IRC Chat to say
hello and get up-to-speed.

Cheers,

-Cisco