Moving the paparazziuav.org server

Mr. Clif
Greetings,

as some of you may know, the paparazziuav.org server has been running
happily uninterrupted for over two years. The image is based on Debian
Jessie which came out in 2015, is the current oldoldstable release for
Debian, and will no longer be supported after the end of June 2022.

Eventually it might be good for someone to think about upgrading good
old paparazzi... In the mean time I have gotten a fire lite under me to
move all running VMs off this hardware so I can do maintenance on it, so
I am just letting you all know that I will need to reboot the site a few
times in that process. For one, the disks haven't been checked in over
two years. Unfortunately ext filesystems can't be repaired while they
are being used.

Anyway, hopefully if I make progress in this effort, some of you who
know more about the inner workings of paparazziuav.org can help test the
new instance to see if anything is broken.

     Thanks much,
     Clif

Re: Moving the paparazziuav.org server

Oswald Berthold
great effort. the hidden world of voluntary community work :)

cheers

flatcat - robot pet out for launch - https://flatcat.berlin

Re: Moving the paparazziuav.org server

Mr. Clif
Howdy all,

The paparazziuav.org server has been rebuilt and moved to another
machine in the same rack. This allows me to do some long needed
housecleaning on the old machine. The new paparazziuav.org has grown
from an 32 bit to 64 bit image, has more disk space, and all it's
resources are more easily adjustable now.

What would be very helpful is for a bunch of folks to poke around on it
and test all the links / features that you remember using on the old
server. Fleshing this out now before I shutdown the old machine would be
the most helpful. :-) Thanks!

     Happy Flying,
     Clif