Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss

12

Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss

Balázs GÁTI
Hi all,

yesterday we experienced the total loss of attitude calculation of a
Lisa/M v2 (quadshot) with Aspirin IMU in open air. (I mean the
artificial horizon went wild after we left the building.) Fortunately we
didnt want to fly, but test the GPS. Finally we could identify the
problem: the IMU worked only if we provided some kind of physical cover
to the module. Steel and aluminium sheet, thick paper worked. (80g/m2
copy paper and pure hand don't.) We could explain the phenomen with the
increased sun activity or with some strange failure in grounding.

Have you got similar experience in the last few days?

Regards,
  Balazs

--
Balazs GATI, PhD
associate professor

Address:   Budapest
           Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
           1111
Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960
Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080
Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

Re: Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss

Hwarm
Hi,
the pressure sensor reacts of sun light.
Is that the problem?
You have to cover them in same foam.
Is the IMU connected separate with same wires?
The 168MHz  prevent sometimes well GPS signals.
Therefore it is always a  good way to make a shield of metal
and use ferrite rings on all wires from and to the autopilot.

Sometimes the sensor element mpu6000 is defect.

Regards Heinrich

Balazs GATI schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> yesterday we experienced the total loss of attitude calculation of a
> Lisa/M v2 (quadshot) with Aspirin IMU in open air. (I mean the
> artificial horizon went wild after we left the building.) Fortunately
> we didnt want to fly, but test the GPS. Finally we could identify the
> problem: the IMU worked only if we provided some kind of physical
> cover to the module. Steel and aluminium sheet, thick paper worked.
> (80g/m2 copy paper and pure hand don't.) We could explain the phenomen
> with the increased sun activity or with some strange failure in
> grounding.
>
> Have you got similar experience in the last few days?
>
> Regards,
>  Balazs

Re: Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss

Balázs GÁTI
Hi,

thank you for the ideas! I don't think that the sunlight caused the
phenomena, because the hardware never was exposed to direct sunlight
(8/8 cloud coverage) and in addition our Aspirin IMU is placed directly
on the bottom side of the Lisa module.

I would be eased if somebody could report similar experience by high
sun activity, because on Sept. 12th, a CME hit Earth's magnetic field,
igniting the most intense geomagnetic storm of the year.
(spaceweather.com)

If no similar feedback, then we should conduct further detailed
analysis to find the ghost hidden in the system. :)

Regards,
Balazs

> Hi,
> the pressure sensor reacts of sun light.
> Is that the problem?
> You have to cover them in same foam.
> Is the IMU connected separate with same wires?
> The 168MHz  prevent sometimes well GPS signals.
> Therefore it is always a  good way to make a shield of metal
> and use ferrite rings on all wires from and to the autopilot.
>
> Sometimes the sensor element mpu6000 is defect.
>
> Regards Heinrich
>

> Balazs GATI schrieb:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> yesterday we experienced the total loss of attitude calculation of a
>> Lisa/M v2 (quadshot) with Aspirin IMU in open air. (I mean the
>> artificial horizon went wild after we left the building.) Fortunately
>> we didnt want to fly, but test the GPS. Finally we could identify the
>> problem: the IMU worked only if we provided some kind of physical
>> cover to the module. Steel and aluminium sheet, thick paper worked.
>> (80g/m2 copy paper and pure hand don't.) We could explain the phenomen
>> with the increased sun activity or with some strange failure in
>> grounding.
>>
>> Have you got similar experience in the last few days?
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Balazs

---
Balazs GATI, PhD
associate professor
Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway
Vehicles

Address:   Budapest
Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
1111
Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960 [1]
Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080 [2]
Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/ [3]

Re: Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss

Balázs GÁTI
Hi,

after days of bugging we identified the cause:

the Aspirin IMU is sensitive to light!

Not to the heating effect of direct sunlight, but even the ambient light
on a cloudy day.

Regards,
  Balazs

2014.09.18. 21:41 keltezéssel, Balázs GÁTI írta:

> Hi,
>
> thank you for the ideas! I don't think that the sunlight caused the
> phenomena, because the hardware never was exposed to direct sunlight
> (8/8 cloud coverage) and in addition our Aspirin IMU is placed directly
> on the bottom side of the Lisa module.
>
> I would be eased if somebody could report similar experience by high sun
> activity, because on Sept. 12th, a CME hit Earth's magnetic field,
> igniting the most intense geomagnetic storm of the year. (spaceweather.com)
>
> If no similar feedback, then we should conduct further detailed analysis
> to find the ghost hidden in the system. :)
>
> Regards,
> Balazs

>> Hi,
>> the pressure sensor reacts of sun light.
>> Is that the problem?
>> You have to cover them in same foam.
>> Is the IMU connected separate with same wires?
>> The 168MHz  prevent sometimes well GPS signals.
>> Therefore it is always a  good way to make a shield of metal
>> and use ferrite rings on all wires from and to the autopilot.
>>
>> Sometimes the sensor element mpu6000 is defect.
>>
>> Regards Heinrich
>>

>> Balazs GATI schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> yesterday we experienced the total loss of attitude calculation of a
>>> Lisa/M v2 (quadshot) with Aspirin IMU in open air. (I mean the
>>> artificial horizon went wild after we left the building.) Fortunately
>>> we didnt want to fly, but test the GPS. Finally we could identify the
>>> problem: the IMU worked only if we provided some kind of physical
>>> cover to the module. Steel and aluminium sheet, thick paper worked.
>>> (80g/m2 copy paper and pure hand don't.) We could explain the
>>> phenomen with the increased sun activity or with some strange failure
>>> in grounding.
>>>
>>> Have you got similar experience in the last few days?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>  Balazs

> ---
> Balazs GATI, PhD
> associate professor
> Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway
> Vehicles
> Budapest University of Technology and Economics
>
> Address:   Budapest
> Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
> 1111
> Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960 [1]
> Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080 [2]
> Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/ [3]

Balazs GATI, PhD
associate professor
      Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles

Address:   Budapest
           Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
           1111
Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960
Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080
Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

Re: Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss

afishindouban
Here talking about BARO and altitude estimation. I want to share with my issue. This issue has been bother me for a long time.

    <target name="ap"   board="lisa_m_2.0">

      <configure name="LISA_M_BARO" value="BARO_MS5611_SPI"/>
      <configure name="PERIODIC_FREQUENCY" value="120"/>
      <configure name="AHRS_PROPAGATE_FREQUENCY" value="100"/>
      <configure name="AHRS_CORRECT_FREQUENCY" value="100"/>
      <define name="DEBUG"/>
    </target>

try this is in V5.2, Microjet_lisa_m configuration. I only add a DEBUG flag. This is a LISA/M2 with AspirinV2.2 from transition Robot.

you can see this strange real time plot result.

as you can see, BARO_MS5611 pressure and temp look normal (pressure has one abnormal peak). but estimator.Z has many strange peak , that bother me a lot. what could be the reason of it ? the AP board is one the table without moving, no light to the sensor side. I only connect Xbee to the board and power up. no any other thing....

Re: Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss

afishindouban

by the time, you can see the result...

someone can have a idea of it ?

Re: Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss [SOLVED]

Balázs GÁTI

I don't really know which sensor fails. We draw the conclusion based on
a test yesterday: The Lisa/M module with Aspirin was installed in an
airframe and it was covered with a dark transparent cover. We placed the
airframe in the shadow and powered up the Lisa. We observed the
IMU_MAG_RAW, IMU_GYRO_RAW, IMU_ACCEL_RAW messages with the Real-Time
Plotter. The PFD and the messages showed normal values. If we directed
the sunlight to the lisa with a mirror, all of the observed IMU messages
(MAG, ACCEL, GYRO) became zeros in the same time. If we stopped
mirroring the sunlight, the messages turned back to normal values. It is
a strange experience, and far from the allday electronic problems, but
we can explain it only with the sensitivity of the module to the light.

We have an other Lisa/M module. We didn't conducted this particular test
with this module, but in previous tests it showed very similar behavior
to the one in the test above. Both Lisa/M (with Aspirin) was purchased
by Transition Robotics.

I don't know how can I identify more precisely the origin of the problem
since we don't have any test equippment and knowledge to go more into
the details.

If you could confirm our conclusion, I would place a warning on the
Lisa/M and the Aspirin IMU section in the Wiki.

Regards,
  Balazs

2014.09.30. 1:17 keltezéssel, alonso acuña írta:

> [...]
>         Budapest University of Technology and Economics
>
>         Address:   Budapest
>         Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
>         1111
>         Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960 [1]
>         Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080 [2]
>         Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/ [3]

>     --
>     Balazs GATI, PhD
>     associate professor
>           Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles
>           Budapest University of Technology and Economics
>
>     Address:   Budapest
>                Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
>                1111
>     Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960
>     Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080
>     Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

Balazs GATI, PhD
associate professor
      Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles

Re: Altitude estimation

Balázs GÁTI
No idea except the missing GPS signal. Do you experience it by fixed GPS
signal, too?

Balazs

2014.09.30. 8:26 keltezéssel, afishindouban írta:

> Here talking about BARO and altitude estimation. I want to share with my
> issue. This issue has been bother me for a long time.
>
>      <target name="ap"   board="lisa_m_2.0">
>
>        <configure name="LISA_M_BARO" value="BARO_MS5611_SPI"/>
>        <configure name="PERIODIC_FREQUENCY" value="120"/>
>        <configure name="AHRS_PROPAGATE_FREQUENCY" value="100"/>
>        <configure name="AHRS_CORRECT_FREQUENCY" value="100"/>
>        <define name="DEBUG"/>
>      </target>
>
> try this is in V5.2, Microjet_lisa_m configuration. I only add a DEBUG flag.
> This is a LISA/M2 with AspirinV2.2 from transition Robot.
>
> you can see this strange real time plot result.
> <http://lists.paparazziuav.org/file/n16196/39.png>
>
> as you can see, BARO_MS5611 pressure and temp look normal (pressure has one
> abnormal peak). but estimator.Z has many strange peak , that bother me a
> lot. what could be the reason of it ? the AP board is one the table without
> moving, no light to the sensor side. I only connect Xbee to the board and
> power up. no any other thing....

Balazs GATI, PhD
associate professor
      Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles

Address:   Budapest
           Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
           1111
Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960
Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080
Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

Re: Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss [SOLVED]

Hector Garcia de Marina
Hi Balazs,

I do not have such problem with my aspirin IMU, and I guess nobody here, first time I hear something like that.
In my experience it sounds more a communications problem between the micro and the IMU (SW or HW).

Hi,

            Balazs GATI schrieb:

[...]

Yes, this would explain that the values of two sensors fail. But the
role of the light still seems important. Have you ever used the Aspirin
without any cover or package in open air? (In our lab everything works
fine.)

Balazs

2014.09.30. 9:44 keltezéssel, Hector Garcia de Marina írta:

> [...]
>     associate professor
>           Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles
>           Budapest University of Technology and Economics
>
>     Address:   Budapest
>                Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
>                1111
>     Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960
>     Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080
>     Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

> Héctor
> Webpage: http://mathtronics.wordpress.com/

Balazs GATI, PhD
associate professor
      Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles

Address:   Budapest
           Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
           1111
Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960
Fax:       +(36)-1-463-3080
Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

Re: Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss [SOLVED]

Yes I did, and it works fine.

Thinking further, in my opinion it seems a HW problem, in particular some power supply issue with the IMU when the light is present. Maybe a decoupling capacitor is not working fine, or the regulator..... I do not know,
but I guess you can test such thing with your actual equipment.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Balazs GATI <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, this would explain that the values of two sensors fail. But the role of the light still seems important. Have you ever used the Aspirin without any cover or package in open air? (In our lab everything works fine.)

Balazs

2014.09.30. 9:44 keltezéssel, Hector Garcia de Marina írta:
Hi Balazs,

I do not have such problem with my aspirin IMU, and I guess nobody here,
first time I hear something like that.
In my experience it sounds more a communications problem between the
micro and the IMU (SW or HW).

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Balazs GATI <[hidden email]

    Hi,

                     Balazs GATI schrieb:

[...]

Yes, it will be the same. GPS locked will not filter this problem out. You can see raw sensor also has a few fault during the time, but how estimator.Z can be in way? Someone can give me a guide to goes into the code ? I suppose the without GPS and moving, estimator.Z should only map to baro output, how this peaks come from....

I have two transition robotics lisa/M boards. Both Have same problem. And I have two Lisa/M boards from China, don't have this problem. But the one from China has less precision of the Baro sensor, for that the altitude precision rang is around 1 meter, and this transition robotic one can be precision in less than 0.3 meter, but with error.  What a pitty.

By the way, someone know how to contact transition robotics? I send them email, there is no response.

Mailbox 发送

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 2:24 AM, Balazs GATI <[hidden email]> wrote:

No idea except the missing GPS signal. Do you experience it by fixed GPS
signal, too?

Balazs

2014.09.30. 8:26 keltezéssel, afishindouban írta:

> Here talking about BARO and altitude estimation. I want to share with my
> issue. This issue has been bother me for a long time.
>
> <target name="ap" board="lisa_m_2.0">
>
> <configure name="LISA_M_BARO" value="BARO_MS5611_SPI"/>
> <configure name="PERIODIC_FREQUENCY" value="120"/>
> <configure name="AHRS_PROPAGATE_FREQUENCY" value="100"/>
> <configure name="AHRS_CORRECT_FREQUENCY" value="100"/>
> <define name="DEBUG"/>
> </target>
>
> try this is in V5.2, Microjet_lisa_m configuration. I only add a DEBUG flag.
> This is a LISA/M2 with AspirinV2.2 from transition Robot.
>
> you can see this strange real time plot result.
> <http://lists.paparazziuav.org/file/n16196/39.png>
>
> as you can see, BARO_MS5611 pressure and temp look normal (pressure has one
> abnormal peak). but estimator.Z has many strange peak , that bother me a
> lot. what could be the reason of it ? the AP board is one the table without
> moving, no light to the sensor side. I only connect Xbee to the board and
> power up. no any other thing....

Balazs GATI, PhD
associate professor
Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles

Address: Budapest
Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
1111
Tel: +(36)-1-463-1960
Fax: +(36)-1-463-3080
Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

Re: Altitude estimation

Hwarm
Hi,
there are two different housings for the pressure sensor:
1. on is made of metal 2. one is made of white plastic.
The second one reacts on sun light we found.
Have the china LisaM  the bmp85 sensor  from Bosch?
Where can i by the this LisaM?

Regards
Heinrich Warmers

AFISH schrieb:
Yes, it will be the same. GPS locked will not filter this problem out. You can see raw sensor also has a few fault during the time, but how estimator.Z can be in way? Someone can give me a guide to goes into the code ? I suppose the without GPS and moving, estimator.Z should only map to baro output, how this peaks come from....

I have two transition robotics lisa/M boards. Both Have same problem. And I have two Lisa/M boards from China, don't have this problem. But the one from China has less precision of the Baro sensor, for that the altitude precision rang is around 1 meter, and this transition robotic one can be precision in less than 0.3 meter, but with error.  What a pitty.

By the way, someone know how to contact transition robotics? I send them email, there is no response.

Mailbox 发送

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 2:24 AM, Balazs GATI <[hidden email]> wrote:

No idea except the missing GPS signal. Do you experience it by fixed GPS
signal, too?

Balazs

2014.09.30. 8:26 keltezéssel, afishindouban írta:
> Here talking about BARO and altitude estimation. I want to share with my
> issue. This issue has been bother me for a long time.
>
> <target name="ap" board="lisa_m_2.0">
>
> <configure name="LISA_M_BARO" value="BARO_MS5611_SPI"/>
> <configure name="PERIODIC_FREQUENCY" value="120"/>
> <configure name="AHRS_PROPAGATE_FREQUENCY" value="100"/>
> <configure name="AHRS_CORRECT_FREQUENCY" value="100"/>
> <define name="DEBUG"/>
> </target>
>
> try this is in V5.2, Microjet_lisa_m configuration. I only add a DEBUG flag.
> This is a LISA/M2 with AspirinV2.2 from transition Robot.
>
> you can see this strange real time plot result.
> <http://lists.paparazziuav.org/file/n16196/39.png>
>
> as you can see, BARO_MS5611 pressure and temp look normal (pressure has one
> abnormal peak). but estimator.Z has many strange peak , that bother me a
> lot. what could be the reason of it ? the AP board is one the table without
> moving, no light to the sensor side. I only connect Xbee to the board and
> power up. no any other thing....

Balazs GATI, PhD
associate professor
Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles

Address: Budapest
Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
1111
Tel: +(36)-1-463-1960
Fax: +(36)-1-463-3080
Homepage: http://vrht.bme.hu/

Re: Altitude estimation

afishindouban
I am quit sure it is not housing or light problem, because I try to cover it and result are the same.
Also you can see the Baro raw output even with one or two fault in 10 mins, it should not cause estimator.Z has that big amount of fault. so I say the BARO RAW is acceptable. but estimator.Z has problem.

the Chinese AP has many different version, some are using BMP85, but the one I have is using MS5611,
But I guess the Chinese one MS5611 is not really, maybe a copy, otherwise the precision can not be different. Am I right ? who know. But I think it works :D just quality different :D it is enough to fly with my fix-wing. Now it is hard to buy the newest Lisa/MX board, not too much provider, and all out of stock. So have to fly with low quality one.

If you want to buy it, try to find it in Taobao, or write me a message I can help you.

kevin

Hwarm wrote
Hi,
there are two different housings for the pressure sensor:
1. on is made of metal 2. one is made of white plastic.
The second one reacts on sun light we found.
Have the china LisaM  the bmp85 sensor  from Bosch?
Where can i by the this LisaM?

Regards
Heinrich Warmers

Re: Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss

UltiBots
Hi All -

We have experienced this with the Lisa/S.  We cover the barometer with foam to stop this behavior. Not sure if this is documented somewhere.  It needs to be in BOLD CAPS as it can down your craft at great expense :( Interesting that this behavior is shared between platforms.  Common components I would assume.

Happy Flying,

Brad Norman
www.UltiBots.com

www.UltiBots.com
are you talking about wrong estimator.Z ? actually you can see the BARO RAW is looks normal....

Re: Altitude estimation

what exact ./paparazzi_version are you running?
In the fixedwing firmware prior to v5.3_devel-28-ga1ade09 the baro was read at PERIODIC_FREQUENCY which would be too fast for the MS5611.
In master there is now also a separate baro timer for that which defaults to 50Hz. Also just pushed that to v5.2: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/commit/b73be2f780759c340e40165fb8754a8280dea121

Cheers, Felix

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 6:57 PM, afishindouban <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am quit sure it is not housing or light problem, because I try to cover it
and result are the same.
Also you can see the Baro raw output even with one or two fault in 10 mins,
it should not cause estimator.Z has that big amount of fault. so I say the
BARO RAW is acceptable. but estimator.Z has problem.

the Chinese AP has many different version, some are using BMP85, but the one
I have is using MS5611,
But I guess the Chinese one MS5611 is not really, maybe a copy, otherwise
the precision can not be different. Am I right ? who know. But I think it
works :D just quality different :D it is enough to fly with my fix-wing. Now
it is hard to buy the newest Lisa/MX board, not too much provider, and all
out of stock. So have to fly with low quality one.

If you want to buy it, try to find it in Taobao, or write me a message I can
help you.

kevin

Hwarm wrote
> Hi,
> there are two different housings for the pressure sensor:
> 1. on is made of metal 2. one is made of white plastic.
> The second one reacts on sun light we found.
> Have the china LisaM  the bmp85 sensor  from Bosch?
> Where can i by the this LisaM?
>
> Regards
> Heinrich Warmers

Re: Altitude estimation

afishindouban
Or we can increase periodic_frequency to 512 to solve the problem ? Felix Before you make this push, I already test to increase it and problem solved.

Mailbox 发送

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 4:10 AM, Felix Ruess <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

what exact ./paparazzi_version are you running?
In the fixedwing firmware prior to v5.3_devel-28-ga1ade09 the baro was read at PERIODIC_FREQUENCY which would be too fast for the MS5611.
In master there is now also a separate baro timer for that which defaults to 50Hz. Also just pushed that to v5.2: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/commit/b73be2f780759c340e40165fb8754a8280dea121

Cheers, Felix

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 6:57 PM, afishindouban <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am quit sure it is not housing or light problem, because I try to cover it
and result are the same.
Also you can see the Baro raw output even with one or two fault in 10 mins,
it should not cause estimator.Z has that big amount of fault. so I say the
BARO RAW is acceptable. but estimator.Z has problem.

the Chinese AP has many different version, some are using BMP85, but the one
I have is using MS5611,
But I guess the Chinese one MS5611 is not really, maybe a copy, otherwise
the precision can not be different. Am I right ? who know. But I think it
works :D just quality different :D it is enough to fly with my fix-wing. Now
it is hard to buy the newest Lisa/MX board, not too much provider, and all
out of stock. So have to fly with low quality one.

If you want to buy it, try to find it in Taobao, or write me a message I can
help you.

kevin

Hwarm wrote
> Hi,
> there are two different housings for the pressure sensor:
> 1. on is made of metal 2. one is made of white plastic.
> The second one reacts on sun light we found.
> Have the china LisaM  the bmp85 sensor  from Bosch?
> Where can i by the this LisaM?
>
> Regards
> Heinrich Warmers

Re: Altitude estimation

Or we can increase periodic_frequency to 512 to solve the problem ?

Short answer: No.

Felix Before you make this push, I already test to increase it and problem solved.

If you were really using a version before BARO_PERIODIC_FREQUENCY was added to fixedwing and were using the ms5611 baro as baro board (not as module),
then the baro periodic was running way too often and resulted in trying to read the values before the conversion was finished.
However that still should not result in wrong baro measurements since they should be discarded if some values are out of bounds since https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/pull/758

Are you sure you didn't already use the fixed version from master that was commited on 9th of September?

Also in master with the merge of https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/pull/818 the dt for the baro update in ins alt_float is now calculated from the system time.

Cheers, Felix

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 4:10 AM, Felix Ruess <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

what exact ./paparazzi_version are you running?
In the fixedwing firmware prior to v5.3_devel-28-ga1ade09 the baro was read at PERIODIC_FREQUENCY which would be too fast for the MS5611.
In master there is now also a separate baro timer for that which defaults to 50Hz. Also just pushed that to v5.2: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/commit/b73be2f780759c340e40165fb8754a8280dea121

Cheers, Felix

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 6:57 PM, afishindouban <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am quit sure it is not housing or light problem, because I try to cover it
and result are the same.
Also you can see the Baro raw output even with one or two fault in 10 mins,
it should not cause estimator.Z has that big amount of fault. so I say the
BARO RAW is acceptable. but estimator.Z has problem.

the Chinese AP has many different version, some are using BMP85, but the one
I have is using MS5611,
But I guess the Chinese one MS5611 is not really, maybe a copy, otherwise
the precision can not be different. Am I right ? who know. But I think it
works :D just quality different :D it is enough to fly with my fix-wing. Now
it is hard to buy the newest Lisa/MX board, not too much provider, and all
out of stock. So have to fly with low quality one.

If you want to buy it, try to find it in Taobao, or write me a message I can
help you.

kevin

Hwarm wrote
> Hi,
> there are two different housings for the pressure sensor:
> 1. on is made of metal 2. one is made of white plastic.
> The second one reacts on sun light we found.
> Have the china LisaM  the bmp85 sensor  from Bosch?
> Where can i by the this LisaM?
>
> Regards
> Heinrich Warmers

12