IVY BUS communication with motion capture data similar to TUDELFT

IVY BUS communication with motion capture data similar to TUDELFT

JD123UAV
Hi,

Currently I am developing code that will capture drone position data in a vicon motion capture system similar to the work bu TUDELFT in the Optitrack sytem with NatNet.

The story so far, I can capture the drone position data with a udp, have developed a paparazzi center tool selection from the tools menu.

Now, I want to send the data to the Drone and GCS via the Ivy bus, after looking at NatNet is it a case of using the ivy bus multicast addresses in a similar fashion as a UDP socket?

And do I have to change the IP address of the drone so that the is not providing the Wi-Fi network but now joining the Vicon network?

Or is this all unnecessary and there is a much simpler way to pass position data once captured via udp to the drone as GPS ?

I am currently using a udp socket in this path

paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/misc/vicon2ivy  note the vicon2ivy is in the same path as natnet2ivy

kind regards,

John

Re: IVY BUS communication with motion capture data similar to TUDELFT

JD123UAV

Hi Felix and Gautier,

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it - the ivy bus thing isn't working out at the moment, the tool I created to operate the ivy bus like natnet doesn't function, the paparazzi centre freezes when I attempt to implement.

I have a question, I have written my own files for a UDP connection with the Vicon motion capture system, how do I ensure that Paparazzi uses them? I can't seem to get them to build - do I have to create a new module? or link it someway with an existing module?

Also, I inserted the gps_datalink module into the airframe file, where is it getting the udp connection information? I've looked in the PPRZ wiki and  PPRZ UAS site and it doesn't seem clear?

thanks for taking the time,

John

Sent from Outlook