Having problems downloading the bin and dev files

Having problems downloading the bin and dev files

alistair labrooy
hey guys,

I have been working on the Tiny 1.1 for around 3 months now and it is almost finally ready. University technicians think their god. Hope I'm not offending anyone. I've been playing with the Live-CD for a while now and would like the chance to gain access to the source code so that I can modify it to suit my aircrafts needs. It says I need a password every time I i try to install the bin and dev files. Am I doing something wrong.
I have also tried to install it on debain, although I do prefer the Live-CD, but every time I go into Synaptic Manager, and type in the ATP and perform a reload it says it no longer exists. This is really bugging me cause in a few months time I start proper work (Yes I am a lazy student) and would really like to get this done so I can show it off. :)

Thanks
Alistair

Re: Having problems downloading the bin and dev files

Paparazzi Pcb
seems it may be a permission problem and your log'd in as a user , where the system needs you to login as root to install  , look at your permissions

Rich
I have been working on the Tiny 1.1 for around 3 months now and it is almost finally ready. University technicians think their god. Hope I'm not offending anyone. I've been playing with the Live-CD for a while now and would like the chance to gain access to the source code so that I can modify it to suit my aircrafts needs. It says I need a password every time I i try to install the bin and dev files. Am I doing something wrong.
I have also tried to install it on debain, although I do prefer the Live-CD, but every time I go into Synaptic Manager, and type in the ATP and perform a reload it says it no longer exists. This is really bugging me cause in a few months time I start proper work (Yes I am a lazy student) and would really like to get this done so I can show it off. :)

Thanks
Alistair

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000753-2, 03/07/2007
Tested on: 03/07/2007 16:35:42

Virus Database (VPS): 000753-2, 03/07/2007
Tested on: 03/07/2007 16:45:54

RE: Having problems downloading the bin and dev files

akochevar

alistair,
Please note that the LiveCD is old, and the new CVS code, may or may not compile with it.  If it does, then great.

Anton