GPS Fix problems in first autonomous flight with ar drone 2.0

Report Content as Inappropriate

GPS Fix problems in first autonomous flight with ar drone 2.0

Sreenath Dama
Hi,

We am trying to fly first autonomous flight on ar drone 2.0 with parrot gps dongle. we are unable to fly it, as gps is not fixing. We have taken into account of sirf gps module by following the below steps.
  1) We have made changes in "ardrone2.xml" for parrot gps module. (i,e "ublox" -> "sirf" and commenting "gps_ubx_ucenter module").
  2) Gps baud rate to set to 57600 in "ardrone2.makefile".

I have come acroos this lik ,which says that gps driver haven't installed. Is it the reason in my case for GPS for not locking in gcs. But when ar drone is connected through AR FreeFlight app, it is showing number of satellites and gps accuracy also. It seems that gps driver is installed.

Attached the Flight plan xml file. We are unable to start the "Start Engine" block in the flight plan and proceed further.

Thanks ,
sreenath

rotorcraft_basic_1.xml (4K) Download Attachment

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: GPS Fix problems in first autonomous flight with ar drone 2.0

Sreenath Dama
First of all, i'm sorry for the couple of typing errors in my previous mail.

Adding a few more points to the previous mail.
1)Today our first autonomous flight with ar drone 2.0 is successful with the 'u-blox' GPS at baud rate of 9600 :)

2)We do not understand why there is no fix with 'Sirf type parrot GPS dongle' even after the changes that are mentioned in the previous mail.

Thanks,
sreenath

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Sreenath Dama <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Sreenath,

unfortunately I can't test this since I don't have an ARDrone2...
But we are tracking this in https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues/1295

Cheers, Felix

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Sreenath Dama <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

cTrippen
Good Afternoon everyone,
 I am at the same point as Sreenath (as far as this thread goes), where I have both a Parrot Flight Recorder (PFR) and a ublox GPS module, M8N, and cannot get a GPS fix with either This includes trying 9600 baud.

 I have just received the uBlox GPS today, so have only been working with the PFR so far. I am running Ubuntu 12.04.

 Any help is appreciated.
 I will also contact the respondents to https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues/1295 to see if they have had any progress.

Regards
Carl