First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

Luis Carlos
Hi to all...
my name it's Luis Carlos..I live in SouthAmerica and already I ask excuse for my poor English...
after few months of read wiki..manual...test gcs and  simulator....setting radio..etc.....yesterday i realize my first flight with paparazzi ...i use lisa/m with aspirin 2.2...3dr telemetry...crius ublox gps...frsky radio with D4RII receiver and fpv raptor phttps://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#inbox?compose=142045acf1136246lane from hk similar to bixler 2...my plane it's overpowered...with axi 1400kv and 8X5 prop...lipo 4s 3000mah, i started to mod a bixler_lisa_m.xml configuration under to examples airframes to adapt for my airframe...i use basic flight plan....after trim the plane in manual an remove the trim mechanically test auto1 a the plane stay in flight direction...no error attitude...respond very well to command...after thaht i put the plane in auto 2 for execute standby...and here i have a bad attitude respect to throttle managem...the plane stay in circle but for some moments the throttle go to 100% and the plane spped up to 30m/s..i setting my nominal airspeed to 11m/s but iread in wiki this parameter is uses for simulator.....

i have some question for the advances user..and developers...and and already thank you for your attention...are perhaps rookie questions, but I hope understand I'm not a programmer .. and it is very difficult for me ...

1-how i setting the max and min ground speed..for this it's necessary to use airspeed sensor for mix to the gps or not??
2-how i limit the throttle for maximun percentage...for example 50%..in auto2..i read in setting airframe two parameter with manximun and minimun throtle cruise speed...down this values in my conf file... but the throtle in auto2 go to 100%..in my flight the gpsairspeed go up .the throttle up to 100% and plane to 30m/s..exist and delay in control loops for the ap detect this  or this is a problem in my pid?
3-whats is the best AHRS and control system to use now for plane?? and exist in the wiki or in some place a full list of parameter to implement or tuning in paparazzi..?? i see control loops graphics but i not understand nothhing...:)
..
4-could someone lend me some of your time and read my logs ... and see if I'm going in the right direction

thanks to all for read this and for your attention...
attached here is my log and my configuration file..and flight plans

best regards

13_10_28__15_58_14.data (2M) Download Attachment
13_10_28__15_58_14.log (902K) Download Attachment
LISA_RAPTOR.xml (9K) Download Attachment
FAPbasic.xml (5K) Download Attachment

Re: First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

agressiva
May be i can help you.
What is your first use for PPZ autopilot ?

What is the altitude when you engage AUTO2 ?
BTW, i am brazilian too.

Re: First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

Luis Carlos

hi eduardo...my alt is 100m..
Thank you

Luis Carlos

El 29/10/2013 15:24, "Eduardo lavratti" <[hidden email]> escribió:
May be i can help you.
What is your first use for PPZ autopilot ?

What is the altitude when you engage AUTO2 ?
BTW, i am brazilian too.

Re: First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

agressiva
And what is your alt setpoint when you engaged AUTO2 ?

What is yout first use for Paparazzi Autopilot ?

Re: First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

Luis Carlos

It's first time i fly paparazzi...stanby wp its setting to 100m...attached in first post it's the log of last flight when i switch to auto 2...the plane climb to wp...stay few turn wiht minimal trohtle...and later aplied full throtle in the same part of the circle...
Attached in first post i put my log and setting..

Luis Carlos

El 29/10/2013 15:43, "Eduardo lavratti" <[hidden email]> escribió:
And what is your alt setpoint when you engaged AUTO2 ?

What is yout first use for Paparazzi Autopilot ?

Re: First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

Iman
Hello Luis

I think you must to change nominal cruise throttle , you can fly in manual and find exact value of throttle in GCS.

Also, it's better to change Auto throttle PID gains.

Re: First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

agressiva
I think you auto throttle P_GAIN  is too high.
For the first flights use throttle I_GAIN as 0 (zero)

BTW, i think roll setpoint as 35deg is too low.

Voce ainda nao disse qual seu uso para o paparazzi.

Re: First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

Luis Carlos
Hi...for limit the throtlle in auto 2 it's correct to set the commands servo  to a inferior value under to max value...
for example set max=1500 to downd the throttle to 50% for maximun??actually may setting it's servo max=2000

best regards

2013/10/29 Luis Carlos <[hidden email]>

photogrammetry aplication...eduardo

Luis Carlos

El 29/10/2013 16:56, "Eduardo lavratti" <[hidden email]> escribió:

I think you auto throttle P_GAIN  is too high.
For the first flights use throttle I_GAIN as 0 (zero)

BTW, i think roll setpoint as 35deg is too low.

Voce ainda nao disse qual seu uso para o paparazzi.

Re: First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

Jorn Anke-2

Last time I was flying with the Lisa/M (maybe 10 months ago) there was, as I understood it, no use of the onboard aspirin barometre. So altitude must have been taken from the gps, which in turn must have ment the altitude was estimated pretty roughly. At the time, also I observed throttle was used extensively - which I believed was because the ap was trying to correct for perceived altitude deviations.

Out of curiousity; could the throttle behaviour Luis has observed have anything to do with handling of perceived altitude/ lack of correct barometre settings?

Cheers,

Re: First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

agressiva
Luis, way you want to limit the throttle ?
When i need to limit the throttle i limit in the servo settings.
So.... the 100% PID throttle command represent 50% in the servo output.

Re: First Flight lisa/m fixedwing...throttle auto 2 problem...

Hi Luis,

you can simply limit the effective throttle pwm command that is sent to your motor controller using the max attribute of your throttle servo (e.g. reducing max from 2000us to 1500us will give you half of the maximum throttle the motor can do).
In effect it will just scale the throttle command from paparazzi differently, you can still have a 100% throttle command, but for your motor controller it will map to less.

Cheers, Felix