Does Paparazzi support PWM Radios?

notoriou5
Hello,

i just got the LISA M V2.1 Flightcontroller and I am looking forward to work with it. I am trying to hook my Radio up, but I realized there is no support for PWM Radios? Am I right or did I miss something?

If there is no support for those old Radios, I need to buy a new one. Which one is easy to set up and reliable? The Prize is not really an issue because it is for university.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kevin

Re: Does Paparazzi support PWM Radios?

Helge Walle
Hi Kevin,

I suppose you mean that your Rx can not output the needed combined ppm pulse train.
I use Lisa/M with a FrSky Taranis Tx and D8R-XP Rx which outputs cppm. This radio work nicely.

If you want the cheapest solution I have a spare PPM Encoder Board with wires and plugs
that I don't use anymore, that you can have for free if you want. I can send it to you if
that is of interest.

Helge.

See also https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/PPM_Encoder

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:47 PM, Helge Walle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I suppose you mean that your Rx can not output the needed combined ppm pulse
> train.
> I use Lisa/M with a FrSky Taranis Tx and D8R-XP Rx which outputs cppm. This
> radio work nicely.
>
> If you want the cheapest solution I have a spare PPM Encoder Board with
> wires and plugs
> that I don't use anymore, that you can have for free if you want. I can send
> it to you if
> that is of interest.
>
> Helge.

>> Hello,
>>
>> i just got the LISA M V2.1 Flightcontroller and I am looking forward to
>> work
>> with it. I am trying to hook my Radio up, but I realized there is no
>> support
>> for PWM Radios? Am I right or did I miss something?
>>
>> If there is no support for those old Radios, I need to buy a new one.
>> Which
>> one is easy to set up and reliable? The Prize is not really an issue
>> because
>> it is for university.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your help.
>>
>> Kevin

Re: Does Paparazzi support PWM Radios?

notoriou5
Hi Helge,

thank you very much for your offer. I talked to my prof and he decided to buy a new Spektrum DX8. But Thanks a lot.

But I already have a new problem :D

I would like to connect my XBee 868 lp module with the LISA M but I do not have the RX and TX on the XBee, is there a way to connect via SPI?

Thanks a lot,

Kevin

Re: Does Paparazzi support PWM Radios?

Helge Walle
Hi Kevin,

I'm happy you got a solution to this.

Anyway, the offer is still open to anyone who might find use for a free PPM Encoder Board.
I have two of these, with leads and plugs, and I don't think I will ever need both of them.

Sorry I do not know the XBee module you have, hope someone can help you with that.

Helge.

Hi Helge,

thank you very much for your offer. I talked to my prof and he decided to
buy a new Spektrum DX8. But Thanks a lot.

But I already have a new problem :D

I would like to connect my XBee 868 lp module with the LISA M but I do not
have the RX and TX on the XBee, is there a way to connect via SPI?

Thanks a lot,

Kevin

Re: Does Paparazzi support PWM Radios?

notoriou5
I have one more question. I am trying to figure out how to flash the my new LISA M, but I does not seem to work. Do I install something first on it before I can flash it?

I get the following Error Command:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kevin/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
cd sw/airborne; make TARGET=ap upload
Using "arch/stm32/lisa-mx.ld" as ldscript for target "ap".
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kevin/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
Assuming luftboot bootloader: no
Using Black Magic Probe with SWD on BMP_PORT /dev/ttyACM0
Using GDB = arm-none-eabi-gdb
  BMP /home/kevin/paparazzi/var/aircrafts/Tiltrotor/ap/ap.elf
/dev/ttyACM0: No such file or directory.
/home/kevin/paparazzi/sw/tools/flash_scripts/bmp_swd_flash.scr:2: Error in sourced command file:
"monitor" command not supported by this target.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kevin/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
make: Leaving directory `/home/kevin/paparazzi'

DONE 'make -C /home/kevin/paparazzi -f Makefile.ac AIRCRAFT=Tiltrotor  ap.upload'

Am I forgetting something or am I doing something wrong? My Flash Mode is set as default.

Thanks again,
Kevin

Re: Does Paparazzi support PWM Radios?

Andreas
Hi Kevin,

have a look at
ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90002126_K.pdf
on page 14 on the left you see the pin numbering and on the next side
you see the function of the pins.

You need pin 1 to 4:
1 -> gnd
2 -> vdd
3 -> dout(=tx on modem)
4 -> din(=rx on modem)

You can solder wires for connection directly on the modem (small but
possible) or use a xbee interface board for smp which is included in the
development kit (e.g.
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/111/90002127_A-472677.pdf, page 6 with
special pins to clip and not to plug) which is expensive (I never have
seen them stand alone). We also used some hard wire and clipped it over
the pins (isolated on the opposit side pins).

Hope that helps ...

concerning the flash, may be someone experienced to LISA boards can help ...
Andreas

Am 15.04.2016 um 13:12 schrieb notoriou5:

> Hi Helge,
>
> thank you very much for your offer. I talked to my prof and he decided to
> buy a new Spektrum DX8. But Thanks a lot.
>
> But I already have a new problem :D
>
> I would like to connect my XBee 868 lp module with the LISA M but I do not
> have the RX and TX on the XBee, is there a way to connect via SPI?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Kevin

Re: Does Paparazzi support PWM Radios?

notoriou5
Thanks a lot, thats exactly what I was looking for :)

Kevin