Custom GCS

agressiva
Hello, i am working on a custom windows XML to control mine planes.

For now i can change the position os waypoints and create a mission (waypoint and circle for the moment).

Have a way to know what DL_VALUE index correspond to what config value ?

I like the idea of change some config parameter inside mine interface without the need to open ppz gcs.

Re: Custom GCS

martinvk
hi,
nice project. a company in germany did the same for some years: http://cis-rostock.net/cis/0_index/sites/default/files/imagecache/preset_original/wysiwyg_imageupload/1/flyguide.jpg

But i dont know which person made this.

Re: Custom GCS

agressiva
Have you more images ? or info about this GCS?

I am using the wiiwingui as base for GCS
For now i read and show all sensors, read, send, load and save all waypoints and generate, send, load and save mission(waypoint and circle)
The next step is make a poligon survey in the mission module using dinamic number of waypoints.

> Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:48:34 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Custom GCS
>
> hi,
> nice project. a company in germany did the same for some years:
> http://cis-rostock.net/cis/0_index/sites/default/files/imagecache/preset_original/wysiwyg_imageupload/1/flyguide.jpg
>
> But i dont know which person made this.

Re: Custom GCS

Hi Eduardo,

without having the aircraft conf listing which settings the aircraft uses or the var/aircrafts/<name>/ap/generated/settings.h there is currently no way to know which DL_VALUE index corresponds to which setting.
We wanted to avoid to send down the description/name of the setting each time, but we should try to figure out a nice way to request that information once.

So if you have the information about the aircraft on your computer, you can currently either parse the xml files or maybe use the generated SETTINGS array macro from generated/settings.h

Hope that helps...
Cheers, Felix

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you more images ? or info about this GCS?

I am using the wiiwingui as base for GCS
For now i read and show all sensors, read, send, load and save all waypoints and generate, send, load and save mission(waypoint and circle)
The next step is make a poligon survey in the mission module using dinamic number of waypoints.

> Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:48:34 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Custom GCS

> hi,
> nice project. a company in germany did the same for some years:
> http://cis-rostock.net/cis/0_index/sites/default/files/imagecache/preset_original/wysiwyg_imageupload/1/flyguide.jpg
>
> But i dont know which person made this.

Re: Custom GCS

Hi again,

just a thought: if you are running the normal server, we could probably easily have the server send the settings names and index for each aircraft on the ivy bus periodically or upon request.
Not sure if that helps you though... I guess that depends on what of the "normal" paparazzi infrastructure you run on windows.

Cheers, Felix

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM, Felix Ruess <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Eduardo,

without having the aircraft conf listing which settings the aircraft uses or the var/aircrafts/<name>/ap/generated/settings.h there is currently no way to know which DL_VALUE index corresponds to which setting.
We wanted to avoid to send down the description/name of the setting each time, but we should try to figure out a nice way to request that information once.

So if you have the information about the aircraft on your computer, you can currently either parse the xml files or maybe use the generated SETTINGS array macro from generated/settings.h

Hope that helps...
Cheers, Felix

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you more images ? or info about this GCS?

I am using the wiiwingui as base for GCS
For now i read and show all sensors, read, send, load and save all waypoints and generate, send, load and save mission(waypoint and circle)
The next step is make a poligon survey in the mission module using dinamic number of waypoints.

> Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:48:34 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Custom GCS

> hi,
> nice project. a company in germany did the same for some years:
> http://cis-rostock.net/cis/0_index/sites/default/files/imagecache/preset_original/wysiwyg_imageupload/1/flyguide.jpg
>
> But i dont know which person made this.

Re: Custom GCS

agressiva
Thanks felix, i will see the settings.h
I see no problem if i need to copu the setting.h to the windows GCS.

Other idea is to use a server like the one used to send messages to android GCS.

Personally i not like the way the ppz telemetry work.
For example, i think its much better to request a list of waypoint than receive waypoint by waypoint in the telemetry link every time.
The same to config values.

I prefer the way the mavlink or some other work.

Some time i think in some way to set a flag that the ppz stop to send the waypoint message and then when i send a message requesting a waypoint list the flag was set and the waypoints sent  then clear the flag again.

Do you have some ideas about this ?

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 22:01:14 +0200
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Custom GCS

Hi Eduardo,

without having the aircraft conf listing which settings the aircraft uses or the var/aircrafts/<name>/ap/generated/settings.h there is currently no way to know which DL_VALUE index corresponds to which setting.
We wanted to avoid to send down the description/name of the setting each time, but we should try to figure out a nice way to request that information once.

So if you have the information about the aircraft on your computer, you can currently either parse the xml files or maybe use the generated SETTINGS array macro from generated/settings.h

Hope that helps...
Cheers, Felix

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you more images ? or info about this GCS?

I am using the wiiwingui as base for GCS
For now i read and show all sensors, read, send, load and save all waypoints and generate, send, load and save mission(waypoint and circle)
The next step is make a poligon survey in the mission module using dinamic number of waypoints.

> Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:48:34 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Custom GCS

> hi,
> nice project. a company in germany did the same for some years:
> http://cis-rostock.net/cis/0_index/sites/default/files/imagecache/preset_original/wysiwyg_imageupload/1/flyguide.jpg
>
> But i dont know which person made this.

Re: Custom GCS

Hi again,

Turning off the periodic sending of the waypoints is really easy:
Simply remove the periodic WP_MOVED message from your telemetry xml file.

Adding a message to request the list of current waypoints should also not be very hard, some thing along the lines of:
- add a message REQUEST_WAYPOINTS with the aircraft id and waypoint id to the datalink class (similar to MOVE_WP)
- handle this datalink message in datalink.c, upon receiving it (and checking for the correct ac id), send all waypoints or the requested one:

if (msg_id == DL_REQUEST_WAYPOINTS && DL_REQUEST_WAYPOINTS_ac_id(dl_buffer) == AC_ID) {
    uint8_t wp_id = DL_REQUEST_WAYPOINTS_wp_id(dl_buffer);
if (wp_id == 0) {
  for (uint8_t i=0, i < nb_waypoint, i++) {
    DownlinkSendWp(DefaultChannel, DefaultDevice, i);
  }
} else if (wp_id < nb_waypoint) {
  DownlinkSendWp(DefaultChannel, DefaultDevice, wp_id);
}

For sending all waypoints the question is if the downlink buffer is large enough to add all these messages to the queue at once...
Normal uart buffer length is 128bytes, so you would probably either need to increase that or not send them all at once...

Cheers, Felix

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 22:01:14 +0200
From: [hidden email]

To: [hidden email]

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 22:01:14 +0200
From: [hidden email]

To: [hidden email]

Hi Eduardo,

without having the aircraft conf listing which settings the aircraft uses or the var/aircrafts/<name>/ap/generated/settings.h there is currently no way to know which DL_VALUE index corresponds to which setting.
We wanted to avoid to send down the description/name of the setting each time, but we should try to figure out a nice way to request that information once.

So if you have the information about the aircraft on your computer, you can currently either parse the xml files or maybe use the generated SETTINGS array macro from generated/settings.h

Hope that helps...
Cheers, Felix

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you more images ? or info about this GCS?

I am using the wiiwingui as base for GCS
For now i read and show all sensors, read, send, load and save all waypoints and generate, send, load and save mission(waypoint and circle)
The next step is make a poligon survey in the mission module using dinamic number of waypoints.

> Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:48:34 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Custom GCS

> hi,
> nice project. a company in germany did the same for some years:
> http://cis-rostock.net/cis/0_index/sites/default/files/imagecache/preset_original/wysiwyg_imageupload/1/flyguide.jpg
>
> But i dont know which person made this.

Re: Custom GCS

agressiva
Hi felix, the code work fine but i have some question about messages sent by server.

I removed WP_MOVED from telemtry and now the ap not send it periodically.

When i move the waypoint using ppzgcs the ap send the WP_MOVED and after this the server start to send continuously the message WAYPOINT_MOVED as you can see bellow.

Way this occur ? is this correct ?
If i change 10 waypoint the server send 10 WAYPOINT_MOVED message everytime

eduardo@Nacional-mobile:~$ ivyprobe '(.*MOVED.*)'
Broadcasting on network 127.255.255.255, port 2010
IVYPROBE connected from localhost
IVYPROBE connected from localhost
Paparazzi GCS connected from localhost
Paparazzi sim 2 connected from localhost
Paparazzi server connected from localhost
Paparazzi sim 2 sent  '2 WP_MOVED 2 508366.968750 -3314735.500000 150.000000 22'
Paparazzi server sent  'ground WAYPOINT_MOVED 2 2 -29.9634230 -50.9132804 150.000000 0.000000'
[...]
^C

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 22:01:14 +0200
From: [hidden email]

To: [hidden email]

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 22:01:14 +0200
From: [hidden email]

To: [hidden email]

Hi Eduardo,

without having the aircraft conf listing which settings the aircraft uses or the var/aircrafts/<name>/ap/generated/settings.h there is currently no way to know which DL_VALUE index corresponds to which setting.
We wanted to avoid to send down the description/name of the setting each time, but we should try to figure out a nice way to request that information once.

So if you have the information about the aircraft on your computer, you can currently either parse the xml files or maybe use the generated SETTINGS array macro from generated/settings.h

Hope that helps...
Cheers, Felix

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you more images ? or info about this GCS?

I am using the wiiwingui as base for GCS
For now i read and show all sensors, read, send, load and save all waypoints and generate, send, load and save mission(waypoint and circle)
The next step is make a poligon survey in the mission module using dinamic number of waypoints.

> Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:48:34 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Custom GCS

> hi,
> nice project. a company in germany did the same for some years:
> http://cis-rostock.net/cis/0_index/sites/default/files/imagecache/preset_original/wysiwyg_imageupload/1/flyguide.jpg
>
> But i dont know which person made this.

Re: Custom GCS

Christophe De Wagter
Inspired by
 -the App-Server which needs to run on the laptop and basically can tell the app everything the UAV can do,
 -and the new defines from summer2013 with block names and setting name defines onboard
 -and the improving array of android apps
 -and the paparazzi navigation modules
we are now making a (mavlink) module in paparazzi to further investigate where "things are going" on the long run. This module already has besides telemetry like many did before also all settings names etc... it usually got stuck with mavlink and paparazzi at the mission elements, but by adding 3 new mavlink messages we can also report the list of blocks and their names and activate them.

If new GCS efforts are started which need to download UAV capabilities/settings/waypoints just like mavlink and appserver do, it might be good to use this paparazzi-mission-capable variant of mavlink... until who knows more groundstations become mission-capable.

Ideally the paparazzi-app and app-server would also use this protocol.

-Christophe

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 22:01:14 +0200
From: [hidden email]

To: [hidden email]

Hi Eduardo,

without having the aircraft conf listing which settings the aircraft uses or the var/aircrafts/<name>/ap/generated/settings.h there is currently no way to know which DL_VALUE index corresponds to which setting.
We wanted to avoid to send down the description/name of the setting each time, but we should try to figure out a nice way to request that information once.

So if you have the information about the aircraft on your computer, you can currently either parse the xml files or maybe use the generated SETTINGS array macro from generated/settings.h

Hope that helps...
Cheers, Felix

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Eduardo lavratti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you more images ? or info about this GCS?

I am using the wiiwingui as base for GCS
For now i read and show all sensors, read, send, load and save all waypoints and generate, send, load and save mission(waypoint and circle)
The next step is make a poligon survey in the mission module using dinamic number of waypoints.

> Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:48:34 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Custom GCS

> hi,
> nice project. a company in germany did the same for some years:
> http://cis-rostock.net/cis/0_index/sites/default/files/imagecache/preset_original/wysiwyg_imageupload/1/flyguide.jpg
>
> But i dont know which person made this.

Re: Custom GCS

agressiva
I am asking my self how dificult is to implement some new messages like GET_BLOCK, GET_WAYPOINT, GET_SET inside the pprz server.
I will try to make something like this using app_server as model but i reply the messages to ivy-bus.

This messages need to replay with block number/name , waypoint number/name etc ...

I paused the work on my windows gcs because i not have this functions implmented.

For now i am using my gcs only to make missions.

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 22:01:14 +0200
From: [hidden email]

To: [hidden email]