Bebop2 autopilot fails to execut paparazzi nav survey poly flight plan

Report Content as Inappropriate

Bebop2 autopilot fails to execut paparazzi nav survey poly flight plan

Stephen L Hulme
Hi All

Back on 7th April I posted a detailed flight replay description of a bebop2 AP flight failure in the paparazzi im gitter service.

Time passed without any comment challenging my experience or possible corrective action to prevent further erratic flight behaviour.

I hope this reposting generates a response since I cannot really undertake further flight tests without some direction from those with a better understanding of the indi and nav_survey_poly software.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Stephen Hulme

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bebop2 autopilot fails to execut paparazzi nav survey poly flight plan

Ewoud
Hi Stephen,

Sorry nobody responded to your question. Regarding your problem: I think the log would be helpful. Else it is quite hard to determine the source of the problem.

Regards,

Ewoud

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bebop2 autopilot fails to execute paparazzi nav survey poly flight plan

Stephen L Hulme
Hi Ewoud

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Regards

Stephen

Please f

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bebop2 autopilot fails to execute paparazzi nav survey poly flight plan

Ewoud
Hi Stephen,

Could you add the corresponding .data file?

Regards,

Ewoud

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 21:42:11 +1200
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Bebop2 autopilot fails to execute paparazzi nav survey poly flight plan

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 21:42:11 +1200

Hi Ewoud

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Regards

Stephen

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bebop2 autopilot fails to execute paparazzi nav survey poly flight plan

Ewoud
Hi Stephen,

I see your drone started flying circles with ~40m radius from about 150s, quite a serious issue. I looked for a while at the graphs, but I am not 100% what the cause is. Perhaps it has to do with:

- Problems configuring the GPS. We have issues connecting some Ublox modules via the usb port to the bebop1. We get data from the gps, but sometimes there is a delay of 3-8 seconds. We are still looking into this, and perhaps you have the same problem (though you are using the internal ublox gps), because if I look at the INS values, the acceleration (coming from the accelerometer) and the speed (coming from the gps) do not match. I see about a 5 second delay.

- Often a cause for toilet bowling is a heading offset. Make sure your magnetometer is well calibrated and you have an accurate heading before and during flight.

- If you have a joystick available, it is wise to bring it next time and use it to take over manually when the drone goes out of control like this. It can save you a lot of time repairing.

I was trying to figure out the delay problem last friday with fvantienen. We could see if this delay was there just by walking around with the drone and looking at the GCS. Perhaps you can help us try to figure out what the problem is by walking around with your drone (when it has been on for a while, it started at 150 seconds in your log).

Ewoud

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 22:20:48 +1200

Hi Ewoud

Regards

Stephen

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 21:42:11 +1200

Hi Ewoud

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Regards

Stephen

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bebop2 autopilot fails to execute paparazzi nav survey poly flight plan

Stephen L Hulme
Hi Ewoud

Thank you for looking into this matter for me.

I will undertake the walking around experiment tomorrow (Wednesday) and report back with the data.

Regards

Stephen

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 22:20:48 +1200

Hi Ewoud

Regards

Stephen

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 21:42:11 +1200

Hi Ewoud

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Regards

Stephen

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bebop2 autopilot fails to execut paparazzi nav survey poly flight plan

Christophe De Wagter
Hi Stephen,

I recently tried to fly the bebop1 in auto2 and had similar problems. In the end we had a good flight (after calibration) with: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/master/conf/airframes/BR/bebop_indi_frog.xml

-Christophe

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Ewoud Smeur <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

Sorry nobody responded to your question. Regarding your problem: I think the log would be helpful. Else it is quite hard to determine the source of the problem.

Regards,

Ewoud

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bebop2 autopilot fails to execute paparazzi nav survey poly flight plan

Stephen L Hulme
Hi Ewoud

Please see below links to the bebop2 walk around data and log files, at a different location.

Regards

Stephen

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]