Allowing variable grid argument in rectangle survey

Allowing variable grid argument in rectangle survey

jburns11
I have edited the functionality for nav_survey_rotorcraft_rectangle_run to
accept a third argument (for a grid or sweep variable). I have also edited
the functionality to incorporate this third argument into the functionality
of the survey. Now when you periodically call the
nav_survey_rotorcraft_rectangle_run, the passed grid argument can
dynamically adjust the sweep width.

Normally if we wanted to change the sweep width, we would have to setup the
survey again, and re-enter from the beginning. Below is a picture of an
example. The first sweep is noticably larger than the second two sweeps.
This was done by switching to a flight_plan block containing only the
nav_survey_rotorcraft_rectangle_run with a new grid argument. I verified my
solution using both NS and WE orientations

<http://lists.paparazziuav.org/file/t1155/pprz_example.png>

I was thinking this is probably something worth having in the main branch,
since maybe other people could use this feature. Let me know if you think
this is worth a pull request.

--
Sent from: http://lists.paparazziuav.org/paparazzi-devel-f3.html

Re: Allowing variable grid argument in rectangle survey

Gautier Hattenberger-3
Hello,

Yes, of course, you can make a pull request for this functionality. The
main drawback is that it will probably break some flight plans. This can
be discussed on Github directly.

Gautier