About follow?

Yves Touchette
Can someone tell me how follow works?

Does it assume that the aircraft see each others telemetry data to know
where the other plane is?
Or is it the ground station that tell the aircraft in follow mode where the
aircraft it's following is?

In any case, I tryed to run a simulation with twin1 using the
muret_follow.xml flight plan, but it's not compiling... In function
auto_nav: undefined reference to get_ac_info...

The twinstar1.xml has ap.EXTRA_SRCS += traffic_info.c, but for some reason
it doesn't get compiled. The build system is pretty complex, so I must be
missing something...

Can someone give me some pointers as to what I might be doing wrong?

-yvest

Re: About follow?

Pascal Brisset-3
Yves Touchette wrote:

> Can someone tell me how follow works?
>
> Does it assume that the aircraft see each others telemetry data to
> know where the other plane is?

 No, the current assumption is that traffic information (position,
altitude about other aircraft) comes
from the ground station: ACINFO messages are uplinked periodically from the
ground station to the aircraft.

> Or is it the ground station that tell the aircraft in follow mode
> where the aircraft it's following is?
>
> In any case, I tryed to run a simulation with twin1 using the
> muret_follow.xml flight plan, but it's not compiling... In function
> auto_nav: undefined reference to get_ac_info...

 I get the following example compiling and running ("follow" block for
Twin2)

conf.xml:

  <aircraft
    name="Twin1"
    ac_id="1"
    airframe="airframes/twinstar1.xml"
    radio="radios/cockpitMM.xml"
    flight_plan="flight_plans/mav05_cw.xml"
    telemetry="telemetry/default.xml"
    settings="settings/tuning_rc.xml"
    gui_color="blue"
  />

  <aircraft
    name="Twin2"
    ac_id="2"
    airframe="airframes/twinstar2.xml"
    radio="radios/cockpitMM.xml"
    flight_plan="flight_plans/mav05_ccw.xml"
    telemetry="telemetry/default.xml"
    gui_color="#800080"
  />

control_panel.xml:

    <session name="Sim 2@Garmisch">
      <variable name="map" value="garmisch.xml"/>
      <program name="server"/>
      <program name="gaia"/>
      <program name="cockpit"></program>
      <program name="map 2d ml"/>
      <program name="messages"><arg flag="-c"
constant="telemetry:*"/><arg flag="-c" constant="ground"/></program>
    </session>

--Pascal